Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

USPS Website Stamp Availability

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 1,103Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1274 Posts
Posted 01/24/2022   03:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What I found useful about the program was getting all of a year's commemorative stamps in one packet with mounts. After self-adhesives came out the packets provided the singles, blocks, and strips I needed without having to buy an entire sheet or booklet. I would rather they just skip the book and make the stamps and mounts available in a packet.

That's exactly how I felt when I was buying them.

Quote:
My question about the Stamp Yearbook, do they include all commemoratives as well as definitives both low and high valued ones?

I can't speak for the more recent Stamp Yearbooks, but when I was still buying them 20 years ago, they included most of the commemoratives, but no definitives. If there was an issue with a pane of 50 different commemoratives (state flags, state birds and flowers, etc.), for example, they'd only include one stamp from the pane.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by erilaz - 01/24/2022 03:13 am
Valued Member
United States
165 Posts
Posted 04/02/2022   11:01 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add moneil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The Sun Science, Heritage Breeds and Message Monsters series, all from 2021, are not available on the USPS website. What is the likelihood of those becoming in-stock again?

I rarely shop on the USPS web site other than in recent years to order the commemorative yearbook and stamp packet, as most post offices no longer carry them in stock as they did at one time.

Last week (end of March 2022) I went to the post office to buy some stamps for mailing and as the clerk was leafing through the folio to show me what was available, I noticed that they had a stack (a half dozen or more I think) of the Heritage Breeds sheet. Though I had a sheet already I purchased a couple more, recalling this SCF topic from last January.

This trip I was at a larger facility as my more local rural post office was low on inventory of interesting stamps ... I don't use "boring" (to me) definitive's for mailing. I was excited to see the Heritage Breeds sheets but surprised. They were issued May 17, 2021 and my local post office had once told me that for regular postage, any unsold stamp inventory six months after issue date had to be sent back and replaced with more recent issues. As I was at a much larger post office that at one time had been a regional mailing handling facility the protocol may be different.

When I've been looking for particular stamps that are no longer on my local post office's order form they have put out a request to other post offices in the area and I've acquired material that way.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 1,103Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05