Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Just Registered, And Would Like To Say, "Hello"

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 37 / Views: 857Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
United States
42 Posts
Posted 01/08/2022   2:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Going Postal to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the board Paris.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
23 Posts
Posted 01/08/2022   2:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Paris Exhibition to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
gmot,

Wow! Thanks!

Are you into French Stamps? My French collection is probably my best (Next to US), and I lived in France for three years (Paris). Do you sell or trade French Stamps? I am looking for some. I am hoping to find them in a collection I can pick up cheap, but realistically, not much chance.
Valued Member
United States
23 Posts
Posted 01/08/2022   2:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Paris Exhibition to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Going Postal,

Thanks, nice to meet you.

Are you into French stamps too?

Pillar Of The Community
United States
3799 Posts
Posted 01/08/2022   2:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just to add to this conversation, here is a copy I have of the same stamp, slightly off centered, but completely over-inked at the bottom, obscuring the 10C labels. I wouldn't consider this as anything of extra value ... just an oddity.

Oh, and welcome to the SCF Family.
Edited by Partime - 01/08/2022 2:53 pm
Valued Member
United States
23 Posts
Posted 01/08/2022   3:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Paris Exhibition to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Partime,

Nice to meet you, and thanks for your post. Yes, I also have a better centered version of #25, and it is actually not badly centered. Not perfect, but not as off as your or my pictured stamps.

But I can see that perforation was a challenge back in those days.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1073 Posts
Posted 01/08/2022   4:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I do like French stamps - in general, very nicely designed I find - although Canada and a bit of French colonies is what I personally collect. I have quite a few stamps, some French included, for sale on the Hipstamp & Delcampe platforms (store name On the Ridge Stamps).
Pillar Of The Community
United States
504 Posts
Posted 01/08/2022   5:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hoosierboy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Paris Exhibition,

Collecting for the enjoyment of collecting, whatever that might be, is the name of the game. Don't hesitate to ask questions especially if you need basic information and especially more advanced sources of information for any possible topic. You should be able to find folks on this board a little further along on their collecting journey glad to share experiences. Russ
Valued Member
United States
335 Posts
Posted 01/09/2022   06:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StatesmanStamper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome!

Dale
Valued Member
United States
23 Posts
Posted 01/13/2022   3:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Paris Exhibition to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, Hoosierboy and Statesmanstamper.

This is my second greeting to you, and the first one disappeared. Also, thanks to whomsoever put up a photo of one of my favorite stamps, Paris Exhibition 1925.
Valued Member
United States
23 Posts
Posted 01/13/2022   4:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Paris Exhibition to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I collect world stamps, and my most complete collections are, probably in order of completeness: Greenland, France, USA, Germany, Great Britain, Iceland, Canada, Switzerland, Austria. I lived in Paris three years back in the 70's and My French collection is both very big and very complete. My collection is big but not very organized. For example I have a really nice South American collection up to 1940 but only random South American stamps after that. Most of my good stuff is in Schaubek or Lighthouse Hingless albums, but most of mu collection is in the Old Scott Multivolume World Album. I have a lot of British Colonies, French Colonies, Portuguese Colonies, and many many extinct countries, such as Zululand, Mespotamia, Mozambique Compa ny, Bechuanaland Protechtorate, Orange RIver Colony, Reunion, Nyassa, Portugese India,Zanzibar, all the German states, that Bismarck united. Anyway, if anyone wants to talk about any of these countries, Or any other coutries, particularly older stamps or extinct countries, please let me know. I will share what I know.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
534 Posts
Posted 01/13/2022   4:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jleb1979 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bonjour et bienvenu monsieur.

Good to have another France collector here.
I trust you will enjoy the forum; there are many knowledgeable collectors here as you begin to see.

I am not at all surprised that your misperfed Sc. 25 was successfully used. Postal clerks relied on design and color to quickly ascertain the proper rate had been applied to the letter in question. They were not supposed to slow down to read. Indeed the denominations on this and other early issues are hard to read at all without slowing down and using some magnification under decent light. Imagine the working conditions at counters and in the back processing areas.

Please feel free to post more examples from your collection and pose questions. These get our juices flowing on a cold January day.

- Jonathan
Valued Member
United States
23 Posts
Posted 01/14/2022   08:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Paris Exhibition to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Jonathan.

C'est un plaisir de faire votre connaissance!

Do you want to talk about French stamps only, or other things as well?

Believe me, I have tons of questions.

Valued Member
United States
23 Posts
Posted 01/15/2022   09:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Paris Exhibition to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A couple of questions:

1. I have posted here, in this topic 15 times. I posted in one other topic once. Total = 16 posts. Nonetheless, When I go to a restricted topic, I keep getting told I have only one post. How do I get 50 posts if none of them count?
2. If I cant get into the topics I want to post on, how do I get 50 posts?
3. I have a horrible time uploading photos. I am told that PDF photos are allowed, but then when I try to load one, I am told special characters are not allowed. "." is a special character. All PDF photos are so designated with PHOTONAME.PDF.
4. Is there any uploading tutorial for Idiots?
Valued Member
United States
23 Posts
Posted 01/15/2022   09:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Paris Exhibition to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
P.S. All photos that I have uploaded so far were done by my daughter. She is not always available. She explained to me how to do it but I obviously did not get it.
Learn More...
United States
10090 Posts
Posted 01/15/2022   09:39 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
1. I have posted here, in this topic 15 times. I posted in one other topic once. Total = 16 posts. Nonetheless, When I go to a restricted topic, I keep getting told I have only one post. How do I get 50 posts if none of them count?
2. If I cant get into the topics I want to post on, how do I get 50 posts?
3. I have a horrible time uploading photos. I am told that PDF photos are allowed, but then when I try to load one, I am told special characters are not allowed. "." is a special character. All PDF photos are so designated with PHOTONAME.PDF.
4. Is there any uploading tutorial for Idiots?

1. - Not every forum category will increment the count total (for example, this forum category).

2. - Most forum categories will increment your post count, there is only a few which do not (like this 'Introduce' category). When you post in other categories, you will see that your post count increases.

3. - PDF is not considered an 'image' format. When you scan, save teh file as a 'JPG' format instead. Your images will then upload.

4. - Upload help is here https://stampsmarter.org/Learning/SCF/help1.html

Don
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 37 / Views: 857Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05