Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Inherited Several Stamp-Collections, Value?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 759Next Topic  
Sweden
2 Posts
Posted 01/09/2022   7:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add jaynay to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
3923 Posts
Posted 01/09/2022   9:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Before I look at anything, why do you say that you sense it? Anything in particular?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
863 Posts
Posted 01/09/2022   9:32 pm  Show Profile Check orstampman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add orstampman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
jaynay - welcome the the stamp community forum!

You can go to the stampworld web page and look any of these up to see if there is catalog valuation, if that is what you are looking for.

Within 10-15 minutes at that site, you should be easily able to see if your sense is on target!
Valued Member
425 Posts
Posted 01/09/2022   9:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add patg23 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If all MNH should have some modest value, and a basis for a nice collection.

Especially the first page since all are inverts!

pat
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
927 Posts
Posted 01/09/2022   10:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Lovely collection! That first page is very nice - they look MNH. :) I wish I had those in my modest Sweden collection. Enjoy those beautiful stamps!
Edited by Mrita75 - 01/09/2022 10:26 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
630 Posts
Posted 01/09/2022   11:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add classic_paper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
All depends what you mean by "value," of course, unless your comment was ironic. At quick glance, each stamp looks to be worth a few cents, though you could probably get a Euro or two for some of them.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
6382 Posts
Posted 01/10/2022   01:36 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
These would sell readily on eBay (here at least), albeit not for a large amount as the collection lacks the higher priced earlier material.
Valued Member
425 Posts
Posted 01/10/2022   07:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add patg23 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"All depends what you mean by "value," of course, unless your comment was ironic."

Not ironic at all. (I said "modest value")

Not everything has to be an 1851 classic to have value or be apricated.
These issues are nice examples of Sweden and others stamp art.

There is catalog value per Facit, and the booklet pairs are noted and a very fun and collectable area.

Be nice if MNH, but even if not, all have a place in a collection.
Not everything needs to be based on $$, especially in stamp collecting

pat
Pillar Of The Community
United States
630 Posts
Posted 01/10/2022   09:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add classic_paper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
With respect patg23, I was answering the op, not you. When first-time poster inquires about "value," it always means monetary not sentimental. They already know the sentimental value of something.
Valued Member
425 Posts
Posted 01/10/2022   11:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add patg23 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
classic_paper - Thank you for the clarification. Apologies for the misinterpretation.

Still not ironic. He sensed it!

Maybe OP can give us a brief background and history of the collection.

sp (my bad)- apricated appreciated
pat
Sweden
2 Posts
Posted 01/11/2022   3:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jaynay to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes so, Hi guys, Im guessing Im the OP? What is that? Overpowered? :) Nevermind. Apparently me myself has no knowledge about these kind of collections, but I have to say though, the fascination and that lingering mysticism is all over me when just looking at certain stamps. Because the thing is that what youve been shown here is just a fraction of what is left of all the collections, single stamps in single folded beautiful plastic pockets. Several (at least 5) books full of different collections and so on.

We understood, perhaps immediately, that we need some help and then we found you guys :)'

I mean we HAVE taken a few glimpses each of every book with collections and what we at this time is certain of, is the sense of value..

Money is not the definition of value so lets keep the prejudices out of this.

With this said, what should be our next step towards finding both some sort of value and that it will somehow end up at the very right persons desktop or frontsteps. Im thinking personal collectors?

Tomorrow I will upload one more book and so on.

Thanks for your time. Goodnight :)

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8169 Posts
Posted 01/11/2022   3:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Jaynay - Allow me to cut through the fog. You are looking for someone to buy stamps from you. If value is not money than I will offer you zero and await delivery.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
630 Posts
Posted 01/11/2022   8:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add classic_paper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
1) OP = Original Poster
2) you're not allowed to buy or sell on this forum until you've posted 50 times
3) "sense of value?" Any value other than monetary value is entirely personal, and you don't need our opinions for that.
4) check stampworld, eBay, or a recent catalog like Michel or FACIT (and then cut it by up to 80% for a sales price, depending on the issue). We're not going to do your homework for you.
Valued Member
425 Posts
Posted 01/11/2022   8:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add patg23 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
jaynay -

In an online forum, OP means "original poster," but can it also mean "original post?", depending on who is using.

The OP asked a question on.....
In my OP I said.......

I would offer at this point in the discussion, your best bet would be to find a local stamp dealer (in Sweden) and bring your collection to them in person for an estimation.

The dealer should be able to tell you if a more in-depth appraisal is warranted. A quick look is usually free, a more thorough one will usually involve fees.

pat
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 759Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05