Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Texas Stamp Dealer Association Stamp Show January 14-15

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 162Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
814 Posts
Posted 01/10/2022   11:01 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Mrita75 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Texas Stamp Dealer Association Stamp Show January 14-15
2022 January 14, 15
January 14-15

HOUSTON TSDA --- Crowne Plaza Hotel, 7611 Katy Freeway (IH-10 West), Houston, TX 77024. (Friday 10-5, Saturday 9-4)

Hoping to make this my first stamp show. Anyone on the site ever attend a TDSA show?

Nora.

Send note to Staff
Edited by Mrita75 - 01/10/2022 12:33 pm

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
481 Posts
Posted 01/10/2022   12:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mml1942 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Mrita,

These are actually dealer bourses, not a stamp show with an Exhibit section, etc.

The Texas Stamp Dealer Association (TSDA) holds these bourse events several times a year in the Dallas area (Richardson), Houston, and San Antonio, There are usually 10-15 dealers (most will be from Texas) present, all with a variety of materials: stamps, postal history, and often picture postcards.

I try and attend at least one of these a year when they are held in Dallas.

Because of your collecting interests, as reflected by your posts on the board, I think you should have a good chance to add to your collection.

It is unfortunate you did not attend the Greater Houston Stamp Show back in September 2021. I drove down from the Dallas area for it, and then blew my budget. Please put that event on your calendar for this fall, as it is a super show, and always has many dealers from outside Texas.

Mike
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by mml1942 - 01/10/2022 12:50 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
814 Posts
Posted 01/10/2022   1:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Mike,
Thank you for letting me know. So if I am understanding - though this is not a Big show, it is still something I can attend and possibly find materials? I really wish I would have been able to go to the Fall Show - I did not look it up until too late - but I will definitely plan to go to this years.

Nora.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
481 Posts
Posted 01/10/2022   10:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mml1942 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nora,

I would readily recommend you visit the TSDA Bourse if you feel comfortable with the travel and crowds, etc. Sign up for their email notices when you enter. You can then visit with those dealers who appear to have material that matches your interest, examine some of their stock, and buy what you can find from your want lists. Keep track of who has the best selection so you can return to their table at the next bourse.

At both Houston in September, and Mid-Cities Show in November, most visitors were masked, as were most dealers. Even those not masked were agreeable with putting on masks if you requested. I have no idea what your Houston masking requirements are at the moment (the rules are fluid everywhere), but I was comfortable both visiting with dealers and looking at inventory with and without masks.

Give us a report of your experience after you return home.
Mike
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 162Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05