Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Hello, I`m Jerry, Recently I Received A Few Rare Irish Stamps, Someone Can Help Me Pls!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 579Next Topic  
Valued Member
Ireland
8 Posts
Posted 01/12/2022   2:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Jerry010 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Some of my stamps are on the list with the rarest stamps from Ireland, some of them I didn't find at all online, maybe because I'm new to this. I will upload some images, maybe someone can help determine the valor pls, so I can put a reserve limit at the auctions where I will try to sell them. Thank you.

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
630 Posts
Posted 01/12/2022   2:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add classic_paper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not sure what list you might be referring to, I at least see nothing rare, monetarily valuable, or special in these pictures.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
6381 Posts
Posted 01/12/2022   2:25 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You'd struggle to get a Euro for these, I'm afraid.
Valued Member
Ireland
8 Posts
Posted 01/12/2022   2:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jerry010 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I find this about the 21 Christmas edition from 1986 findyourstampsvalue.com/rarest-stamps/most-valuable-irish-stamps
Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
1483 Posts
Posted 01/12/2022   2:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am with both previous posters. I have no idea what list you have seen, but your stamps may be on the list with most common stamps of Ireland. Furthermore, most are severly damaged.
There will not be a serious auction house that will list these stamps. They would not be worth the cost of postage for any buyer.

You might want to read the descriptions of those rarest stamps. They are variations that are rare. Your second block in the first picture is perforated. The rare stamp is a block that is imperforate.

It is the only issue on that list.
Edited by NSK - 01/12/2022 2:40 pm
Valued Member
Ireland
8 Posts
Posted 01/12/2022   2:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jerry010 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I find this
Valued Member
Ireland
8 Posts
Posted 01/12/2022   2:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jerry010 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
on findyourstampsvalue.com ireland
Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
1483 Posts
Posted 01/12/2022   2:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Please, read the entry and note it says imperforate left corner block. Your stamps are perforated.
Valued Member
Ireland
8 Posts
Posted 01/12/2022   3:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jerry010 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
ya, I'm new at this,don't know mutch,so is nothing good there?
Valued Member
United States
92 Posts
Posted 01/12/2022   3:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pbmorris to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Jerry, many of us have been where you are after receiving, inheriting, finding, stamps.

There are many factors that go into the rarity of a stamp, including design (including missing sections or inverted), paper, perforation (or lack of), watermark on the paper, quality (centering, damage,etc.), number printed, and more.

In the case of your stamps, although they appear to generally resemble one that is rare, they are very common because they lack something that makes them rare.
Valued Member
Ireland
8 Posts
Posted 01/12/2022   3:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jerry010 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your help guys
Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
1483 Posts
Posted 01/12/2022   3:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
a, I'm new at this,don't know mutch,so is nothing good there?

Most of your stamps are extremely common and in a terrible state. They are not even what is called "space fillers;" i.e, stamps that are defective and used to fill an empty space in an album until a better one can be found.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
630 Posts
Posted 01/12/2022   3:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add classic_paper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Philately can very much be a hobby of details. A slight change in color, or perforation, or a single missing or additional line on someone's face or border in certain print run. And that's assuming what you have is genuine to begin with. It's also a hobby of odds, read that description again carefully: not only is the valuable specimen imperforate, it is "the only recorded block." Which means that finding another isn't impossible, but the odds are certainly astronomical.
Valued Member
Ireland
8 Posts
Posted 01/12/2022   4:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jerry010 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have also these postcards, yous think they are worth something, they have also name and address,I just blurted it in pics, are from `60, `80 and `90

Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
1483 Posts
Posted 01/12/2022   4:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Similarly: highly common stamps. Mostly in bad condition.
Postcard value often depends on what they show, but by what is printed on the address sides, I expect they are mass-produced postcards aimed at tourists.
Valued Member
Ireland
8 Posts
Posted 01/12/2022   4:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jerry010 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
ya, are for tourists
  Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 579Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05