Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Finished My Russia 1918-1958 Collection Today

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 483Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
7377 Posts
Posted 01/14/2022   8:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add rogdcam to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
It started here 16 months ago but there is no reply box to continue the topic:

http://goscf.com/t/74341&whichpage=...Terms=russia

In any case today I purchased the last stamps needed for substantial completion. Every major Scott number is included save for two that catalog multiple five figures each. I also added a number of minor numbers and things that interested me.

It has been a blast and I intend to keep going adding varieties and things that add interest.

It feels really good.

I will be scanning every page and posting them here for those interested in looking.

Next step is to remount it all on my own pages and flesh things out and provide more space.
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
471 Posts
Posted 01/14/2022   8:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add classic_paper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations! That's no small feat.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
531 Posts
Posted 01/14/2022   8:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jleb1979 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations, Rogdcam.
Sounds like you are enjoying a happy new year year with your Russia milestone.

You'd mentioned in the earlier thread wishing to have commentary about some of the historical aspects and such, which your Scott album lacked. I find garnering and summarizing either the technical production or the historical subject matter quite enjoyable when creating my own pages. I hope you post some of those custom pages too as they develop over time.

Happy new year.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1227 Posts
Posted 01/14/2022   8:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations,
Look forward to seeing the images
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1070 Posts
Posted 01/14/2022   9:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats! - must be a very satisfying feeling.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5673 Posts
Posted 01/14/2022   9:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations ,no small feat to get as far as you did with Russia .Enjoy adding all the odd stuff to add more interest to those viewing it .
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
337 Posts
Posted Yesterday   01:38 am  Show Profile Check johnsim03's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add johnsim03 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Congratulations, Rog!

John
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
791 Posts
Posted Yesterday   01:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add LaoPhil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations! Looking forward to see your pages!
Valued Member
Ireland
20 Posts
Posted Yesterday   07:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NickIreland to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Amazing, puts me to shame. Congratulations
Pillar Of The Community
581 Posts
Posted Yesterday   10:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stamps101 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Quite incredible and such beautiful stamps throughout those years. Well done!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
596 Posts
Posted Yesterday   10:56 am  Show Profile Check wheelman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add wheelman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations - I've been half heartedly working on 1900-1975 for probably 10 years and may be 75%. For you to get this done in 16 months is amazing.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1048 Posts
Posted Yesterday   10:59 am  Show Profile Check ray.mac's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ray.mac to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats Rog,
Now, if I could just find the commemoratives from 1930-40 I need for my Big Blue....
Ray
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
7377 Posts
Posted Yesterday   11:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks to all for the kind words.

Gotta tell you that it was an eye opener as to what the most difficult pieces to locate were. They were not big dollar items. Some of the low cv stamps are extremely hard to locate and I have to wonder what the backstory is as to why. The numbers printed are published and you cannot find any information regarding what happened to the population that should be abundant. Dealers, internet platforms and other collectors do not have them. The values are too low for traditional auction house's and they are not in collections that are sold. Very strange. When you find one and obtain it you feel as if you just scored an inverted jenny.

I will be scanning starting tomorrow. Likely a couple of hundred scans. You will see why I need to remount. I used Scott pages and they are crowded and lacking information. These Russian stamps have rich historical and biographical subject matter and deserve a descriptive layout. Makes it so much more interesting. I estimate a new layout might double the number of pages.
Valued Member
89 Posts
Posted Yesterday   11:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tsmatx to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations Rog! I looked it up in Scott, it looks like 2,000 regular issue stamps. It would be really interesting to see some stats like how many different lots were purchased to put it together, how many different auction houses and dealers. Were they mostly purchased by set? Were any feeder collections used? Much left over duplication? Can't wait to see the photos!

Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1909 Posts
Posted Yesterday   2:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bobby De La Rue to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well done Rog - that is quite an amazing achievement.

I know exactly what you mean with regards to low cv stamps and not being able to find them.
Valued Member
383 Posts
Posted Yesterday   4:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Andyrich74 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats! Looking forward to seeing photos.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 483Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05