Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

One More Reason That You Might Not Be Getting That Package.

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 67 / Views: 2,848Next Topic
Page: of 5
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35194 Posts
Posted 01/17/2022   8:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Now there is the 5G problem ?

The airlines ask "that 5G be implemented everywhere in the country except within the approximate 2 miles (3.2 km) of airport runways" at some key airports, and they say "immediate intervention is needed to avoid significant operational disruption to air passengers, shippers, supply chain and delivery of needed medical supplies".

https://www.aljazeera.com/economy/2...isis-over-5g
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
936 Posts
Posted 01/18/2022   01:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mootermutt987 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
At the grocery store that I go to in the Seattle area, when they see someone obviously stealing stuff (filling a cart with toys, electronics, steaks, WHATEVER) the staff has been told not to do a thing. I have seen a few employees (like 5 at a time) follow the dirtbag to the door, at about 10' distance, yelling at the guy, "Robber!! Dirtbag!!!" plus a bunch of things that you can figure out yourself. They've done it enough that the verbiage is pretty raw. I saw 1 employee (10 feet IN FRONT of the dirtbag) whip out his phone and start recording the guy, telling him to smile for the cops. One of my buddies says there is absolutely nothing they can do. They MIGHT contact the cops. One guy tried SETTING FIRE to the store in the dish soap aisle and they got it all on video - that made the regional news and (they say) the cops are looking for that guy.

Anyway, this is what society has become. Sad, but true.

Whether it is (whatever) on the store shelf, or a trainload of goodies in transit, it is all apparently fair game. Unless there is a drastic change, I don't see things getting better.
Valued Member
United States
431 Posts
Posted 01/18/2022   4:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cephus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That's the point that you engage in a citizen's arrest and just sit the guy there until the cops arrive. You can exercise "reasonable force" to make sure they stay where you want them.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
610 Posts
Posted 01/18/2022   4:15 pm  Show Profile Check wheelman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add wheelman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The airlines are just recently making the 5G thing an issue. I heard on the news today (for that's worth) that according to telecoms the airlines were told of this a couple of years ago. Guess someone from the airlines should have looked into it during all this covid downtime.
As to the store thefts - anyone who has traveled a little outside our country I'm sure at some point has seen security guards armed with assault weapons standing at the store entrances. No theft there!
Edited by wheelman - 01/18/2022 4:19 pm
Learn More...
United States
10458 Posts
Posted 01/18/2022   4:19 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Don
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8182 Posts
Posted 01/18/2022   4:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Don - I took that course with the same instructors.
Learn More...
United States
10458 Posts
Posted 01/18/2022   4:51 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

SH_LexV-b34

Another strategy for stolen packages... Apparently it is true that there is no honor even among thieves (note the get-away car).
Don
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8182 Posts
Posted 01/18/2022   6:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The nerve of that homeowner terrorizing that young man like that.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1705 Posts
Posted 01/18/2022   10:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add James Drummond to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Even more coverage:

nQrTORBS-co
channel=GermaninVenice

nQrTORBS-co
channel=GermaninVenice
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3381 Posts
Posted 01/19/2022   07:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I wonder how the FedEx driver thought he would get away with this.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...ine-alabama/
Al
Edited by angore - 01/19/2022 07:29 am
Valued Member
United States
113 Posts
Posted 01/19/2022   2:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add LadyGrace to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Makes me so mad. CA is such a joke. LA is a corrupt and disgusting place. Hollywood is a dumpster fire...the reason they put up those backdrops for the red carpet is to hide all the homeless and trash/urine/feces-covered streets. It drives me crazy that CA is involved in any sort of trendsetting. The Bay area has all the big tech companies telling people what to think but this is the most dysfunctional state in the country. SF used to be a really interesting place. Loved going as a teen. It's changed a lot in the last 15 years. Makes me absolutely sick.
Valued Member
United States
113 Posts
Posted 01/19/2022   2:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add LadyGrace to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
@angore
He probably thought he could because the sick criminals in CA can get away with anything and he thought he'd give it a try. HAHA love how they say "A motive for the driver's actions remains unclear"...um duh... at least in Alabama they care enough to do something though.
Edited by LadyGrace - 01/19/2022 2:45 pm
Valued Member
United States
113 Posts
Posted 01/19/2022   2:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add LadyGrace to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
@51studabaker
so satisfying!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3892 Posts
Posted 01/19/2022   4:23 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Am very interested in social structure from many angles.

This California situation is very extreme. When I 1st saw this I thought it was a document from a 3rd world country where people were fighting to survive.

Did California change heaps of laws? What happen to create this mess within their social structure? Why this state and not others in the USA?
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8182 Posts
Posted 01/19/2022   5:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There are other States that share similar characteristics, but I will not go into what they are out of respect for this forum because they are overtly political in nature.
Page: of 5 Previous TopicReplies: 67 / Views: 2,848Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05