Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

World Stamps From Old Album/Austria

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 218Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
117 Posts
Posted 01/15/2022   2:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Dorset to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
If it please the court, I'd like to post the pages of this junior collector's book. I am a little embarrassed at the condition of some of them, but I'd appreciate it if you clue me in to any that might be of interest.

My areas of interest are US and Newfoundland. I will be tring to get some sort of order from this collection. Eventually, I would like to slowly replace poor quality with good. Just looking for a fun pastime to share with my grandsons.

I'll just go country by country starting with Austria (Argentina had very bad examples!). And, yes, I know there are some Australia stamps in with Austria! These belonged to my grandfather's brother-in-law

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
6381 Posts
Posted 01/15/2022   4:35 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
As you say, this is a junior collection, in this case, a child's album that didn't get very far. If you want to carry on with the album - and if its condition merits carrying on - you shoukd be able to do so without spending much money, as it wouldn't have held spaces for expensive stamps. Enjoy filling the pages!
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
117 Posts
Posted 01/15/2022   4:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dorset to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, definitely a starter book, but I think I can salvage some better ones at least to have a start. Thanks!
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35171 Posts
Posted 01/15/2022   6:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I am a little embarrassed at the condition of some of them,

I would take a step back, and reconsider.
There is nothing embarrassing with that collection,
Stamps are in fine condition, the ones with postmarks proudly displaying the work they carried out in duty for which they were produced.

Valued Member
United States
117 Posts
Posted 01/15/2022   6:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dorset to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod,
Thank you for that. I really am excited to have these to look at and display. I appreciate the kind words.
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 218Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05