Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Next, 8 From Australia

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 327Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
117 Posts
Posted 01/15/2022   3:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Dorset to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
8 used from Australia.
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
391 Posts
Posted 01/15/2022   4:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Andyrich74 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Are you looking for help with identification?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
117 Posts
Posted 01/15/2022   4:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dorset to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
No, Andy, I am thinking about removing all the stamps from this beat up book and preserving them in a new one. I thought I'd post each country just to see if there might be anything on the rare or unique side. I'm also cataloguing my US stamps just as a way to dig into this and feel as if it's somewhat organized. I'm hoping to start getting better examples of the more sought after stamps.
I am keeping a notebook and entering as I go the Scott #, date, perfs, etc. I wouldn't ask for an ID on each of these ones from the book. I just thought if someone happens to spy something unique I could zero in on it and research it. If nothing, that's fine. I'm still going to try and make a half decent collection.
Valued Member
United States
431 Posts
Posted 01/15/2022   4:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cephus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
No, there's nothing unique there. It's easy to tell that this is a children's album without individual spaces for each stamp and thus, the chance that you're going to get anything worthwhile are somewhere between slim and none.
Valued Member
United States
117 Posts
Posted 01/15/2022   5:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dorset to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I realize that. I have seen other posts that have scans of their acquired albums,and thought I'd try.
Edited by Dorset - 01/15/2022 5:08 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35161 Posts
Posted 01/15/2022   6:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
On the face of it, all common stamps,
yet, after 20 years of collecting, never seen that Postmark
"Posted in GPO City Box"
There is always something new to discover
Still remains a penny stamp.
The 1d Kangaroo, I have a Catalogue over 1 inch thick, just on the
varieties of this 1 stamp.

Valued Member
United States
117 Posts
Posted 01/15/2022   6:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dorset to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod, I'd happily give it to you if you'd like it. I can only imagine the collection you have and if it will fill a void, it's yours!
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35161 Posts
Posted 01/15/2022   10:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Stephen, but not needed.
I have cropped a scan for my future reference.

It may be a New South Wales "Date Case" impression.
Not in my area
(It is humanly impossible to do everything in Philately)

I have Victorian Catalogues, not NSW

COUNTRY BOX Not mine.

Victorian Date cases catalogue.
Edited by rod222 - 01/15/2022 10:03 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 327Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05