Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Belgium-Are These All Common?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 272Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
117 Posts
Posted 01/15/2022   6:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Dorset to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Slim to none there's anything unique here, but I'd certainly appreciate you guys taking a look. Thanks!

Send note to Staff

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35171 Posts
Posted 01/15/2022   6:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, all common.
but that does not afford any lesser appreciation.
Every stamp is a window into a story, every postmark another.
Some people may get caught in the elitism of collecting
scarcer material only.
It will bust your wallet, and I doubt getting that much more enjoyment.
Let your progress advance in a measured way.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
117 Posts
Posted 01/15/2022   6:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dorset to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod, I couldn't agree more. I love old things for the beauty and quality that went into their creation and use. And like you say, the story is where the true appreciation can be found.
Thanks!
Valued Member
United States
117 Posts
Posted 01/15/2022   6:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dorset to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I hope I'm not appearing to pass off the research of these stamps. I really would like to delve into researching even one stamp. Even if it were a common stamp particularly admired by collectors. I've been reading the posts and I enjoy discovering the reason a stamp is prized by collectors.I am putting the best centered examples aside from the loose ones not in this book to be my "prized" stamps for now! All common but lots of fun.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
927 Posts
Posted 01/15/2022   6:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
" I love old things for the beauty and quality that went into their creation and use. And like you say, the story is where the true appreciation can be found."

Well said Dorset, I feel the same way about stamps. I am also a newer collector and appreciate you sharing your stamps - very nice! many that I do not have in my collection. I feel a lot of pride when I complete a page :)

Nora.
Valued Member
United States
117 Posts
Posted 01/15/2022   7:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dorset to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Nora. Sounds like we are definitely on the same page! I hope to share some neat stuff here and learn all I can.
Pleasure meeting you,
Stephen
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
2013 Posts
Posted 01/15/2022   8:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bobby De La Rue to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
An Australian auction house uses the term "art in miniature" quite often.

I think it's an apt description, especially for the older material.
Valued Member
United States
117 Posts
Posted 01/15/2022   8:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dorset to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"An Australian auction house uses the term "art in miniature" quite often.

I think it's an apt description, especially for the older material."

I'll second that.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 272Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05