Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

History Of British Occupation Stamps Of Mesopotamia (Iraq)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 302Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
39 Posts
Posted 01/17/2022   07:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Paris Exhibition to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
New topic: Does anyone Know of a good source to read the history of British Occupation Stamps of Mesopotamia (Iraq) FROM 1917 - 1932? I am mostly interested in Postal History.
Send note to Staff

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35151 Posts
Posted 01/17/2022   10:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure if memory is serving here,
recently a member posted a link to (Free) Journals from MEPSI
I think they address Iraq.
Then again, I may be confusing it with ONEPS
One of these societies shall probably have a Bibliography of contents
across their journals.
Worth chasing up.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by rod222 - 01/17/2022 10:32 am
Valued Member
United States
39 Posts
Posted 01/17/2022   10:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Paris Exhibition to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
ROD222, Thnks! You wouldn't happen to have a link, would you"
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7899 Posts
Posted 01/17/2022   10:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Paris, we always stress the importance of n APS membership. If you are a member the easiest way to get this info is from the APS library team. They are here to help you with this type of info

Peter
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
6368 Posts
Posted 01/17/2022   10:56 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Is this what you meant, Rod?

https://www.zobbel.de/mepb/mepbulletin.htm
Valued Member
United States
39 Posts
Posted 01/17/2022   11:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Paris Exhibition to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod and GeoffHa,

Wow, FANTASTIC! I will start with this.

Peter I have been an APS member since I was a teenager. Still am.(a member, that is , not a teenager) Only I don't pay dues any more. I never knew about their library team and that I could use them. I will definitely look into that. I mostly enjoyed their articles in The American Philatelist, like their catalogue guide in the latest edition.

Edited by Paris Exhibition - 01/17/2022 12:07 pm
Valued Member
Ireland
80 Posts
Posted 01/17/2022   12:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NickIreland to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think I have ever come across anyone with such a good knowledge on philatelic mattters as 'rod222'...quite astonishing. Keep posting Rod
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35151 Posts
Posted 01/17/2022   6:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Is this what you meant, Rod?

That's it Geoff
Thank you.

I am a member of ONEPS
I checked their contributions 2011-2018
No Mesopotamia sorry
Iraq
Edited by rod222 - 01/17/2022 6:31 pm
Valued Member
United States
39 Posts
Posted 01/18/2022   09:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Paris Exhibition to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod222,

That was very nice of you to check. I started checking from the most recent and maybe got 20% of the way through to the beginning. Found nothing.

But there are some interesting articles there.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 302Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05