Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

114, Reissue 125, Or Fake?

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 31 / Views: 1,352Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8154 Posts
Posted 01/22/2022   5:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The problem with these issues used is that the grill can be easily pressed out whether accidently or intentionally.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7883 Posts
Posted 01/22/2022   7:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Frankly, a large number of posters here have probably seen dozens of similar examples.
Valued Member
United States
121 Posts
Posted 01/23/2022   10:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bubbachismo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys/gals. Sounds like a keeper!! Aren't they all though lol.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1696 Posts
Posted 01/23/2022   10:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bubba,
there was a comment I seen from you here IMO
It made me delete my reply and I've had a hard time understanding your intentions
I say this in the best way, not trying to be negative

I'd like to help but need to understand what your after and why
(can't give your answers but I can give you a thought)

Valued Member
United States
121 Posts
Posted 01/23/2022   10:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bubbachismo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
They're all keepers to me. I'm just trying to figure out what they are. A million dollar stamp and a one dollar stamp are all the same to me. They're mine and I'm proud of that. I'm just interested in exactly what they are. No fluff just specifically. Unfortunately I don't have the expertise in stamps that would help me determine such things. It probably is ocd or my adhd but I hate hearing the words can't probably or maybe. I love, It's not this bc this, but it is this. I am different and I apologize for that.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8154 Posts
Posted 01/23/2022   11:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Most accumulations of stamps have been thoroughly picked over many times by now before the next owner takes possession. There are two main groups. Stamps that are not scarce or rare and stamps that have been identified as scarce or rare, usually having a Scott number assigned, but for some reason are still uncertified and sitting with the other stuff. Why are they still sitting with the other stuff after 47 people have looked at them? Because deep down everyone knows that they are not really that scarce/rare item and would never be certified.

Can you still make discoveries? Yes Are the odds extremely long? You bet

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1696 Posts
Posted 01/23/2022   11:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"They're all keepers"
Seems contrary to other posts I've seen :)
Seeing my lil man is with me and he says it's the right thing to do,
I offer no answers, this ain't my area

I'd ask,
Was this "blind" grilled.

Valued Member
United States
121 Posts
Posted 01/23/2022   11:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bubbachismo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
So you're saying there's a chance!!!
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1696 Posts
Posted 01/23/2022   11:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rodgcam,
I think there was a new discovery in Linn's published in may (I think)
In your area of collection
And the other day I read about a new species discovery in PA (I think)
Odds are astronomical I agree, but
Sometimes you throw $h!t on your veggies to help them grow
(To some that means put down)

Pillar Of The Community
United States
7883 Posts
Posted 01/23/2022   11:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You have a better chance of being struck by lightning, but if you think in terms of one in a million, then there is a chance. But it will never get a certificate, because they will only certify a mint OG stamp.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1696 Posts
Posted 01/23/2022   11:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm saying I'd find way more to go on.
Dig deep into the history
Would I chance spending money on a certificate at this point
No
But I wouldn't stop trying to learning more
Edited by Just_fella - 01/23/2022 11:59 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7883 Posts
Posted 01/23/2022   12:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have been fortunate and found a few previously unknown varieties in the revenue area, but "one in a million" is a very accurate phrase.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1696 Posts
Posted 01/23/2022   12:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
One in a million,
Agreed is the most accurate description

I'm putting those odds on potential and this being investigated further
No idea what his take will be in the end
I hope he finds what he's looking for and along the way
Leaves seeds
Edited by Just_fella - 01/23/2022 12:21 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8154 Posts
Posted 01/23/2022   2:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
IMO if you are searching and it entertains you that is awesome. If you search just to find the 'gold" you will be disappointed and frustrated.
Valued Member
United States
121 Posts
Posted 01/23/2022   2:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bubbachismo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've never been a seller. I consider myself a collector/hoarder. Luckily for me and my family it's coins and stamps. There small enough to hide how many I have. Lol
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 31 / Views: 1,352Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05