Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Favorite Topic To Collect?

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 700Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
113 Posts
Posted 01/18/2022   7:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add LadyGrace to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
What's your favorite topic to collect?

I'm really interested in Space and Dinosaurs!

Send note to Staff
Edited by LadyGrace - 01/18/2022 10:23 pm

Pillar Of The Community
United States
7912 Posts
Posted 01/18/2022   8:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Lady Grace, I do not want to rain on your parade, but we already have a Red Cross forum. When you do this I would suggest that you "SEARCH" this website. You can find a "SEARCH" button on every page, right where we sign in

Pater
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
165 Posts
Posted 01/18/2022   9:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add moneil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
United States
113 Posts
Posted 01/18/2022   10:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add LadyGrace to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok Thanks guys. I changed it up.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
70 Posts
Posted 01/18/2022   11:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Going Postal to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I was hoping to see the Godzilla collection you mentioned in your intro post.
Valued Member
United States
161 Posts
Posted 01/19/2022   1:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DStamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Tigers

Valued Member
United States
113 Posts
Posted 01/19/2022   2:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add LadyGrace to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
@going postal
When I have it I'll post it! it's my top wish list. just waiting for some $$$ haha
Valued Member
United States
113 Posts
Posted 01/19/2022   2:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add LadyGrace to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
@Dstamp
Ooo those look awesome! I don't have any tiger stamps yet.
Valued Member
United States
92 Posts
Posted 01/19/2022   3:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pbmorris to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't have a favorite yet. I inherited a very large collection and every time I see something on this board, I look to see if I have it and what it means. I have been through the entire collection multiple times but I continue to find things that I never saw or focused on the first 10 times. I went from basic postage designs, to revenues, to mistakes, to precanceled and now I'm fascinated with postmarks.

My biggest problem is that about half is international and I can't interpret the cancellations.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
927 Posts
Posted 01/19/2022   5:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've not been drawn to a topic, I really enjoy the countries, and the early classics. However, you inspired me to set aside fish stamps (I'm obsessed with fishing). Maybe one day in the future I could create different aquarium or ocean pages :)
Valued Member
United States
113 Posts
Posted 01/19/2022   6:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add LadyGrace to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
@Mrita75
Oo those are pretty! I have all my nautical/ocean topicals on one page due to lack of space and also I only have 6 fish stamps. Eventually, I want fish to have their own page.
Valued Member
Ireland
290 Posts
Posted 01/19/2022   7:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add FitzjamesHorse to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I collect one country as an "obsession"
I collect the rest of the world used as a "fun"
I find this keeps me reasonably sane.
In terms of "topic" I would normally have said "none". Certainly I could not think of anything...Birds, Sport, Football, Chess etc.

Apart from THematics (Topicals), traditional Stamp Collecting has always revolved around monarchs, historical figures and events. And I guess the longer we live the more History, there actually is. So I find myself increasingly interested in stamps depicting people or events that resonate with me. Thus, people like Martin Luther King, Ronald Reagan, Elvis, Father Ted, Coronation Street, the Simpsons,Star Trek, Beatles,Monty Python, Abba, U2 (and on behalf of Ireland I want to apologise for Bono).
I would not specifically buy mint issues of any of "popular history" but certainly they are always on my radar when I go to Fairs.

I am not a great fan of living people on stamps (a hostage to fortune surely) but I am getting used to it.
Valued Member
United States
113 Posts
Posted 01/19/2022   9:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add LadyGrace to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
@pbmorris

I have to go through mine a lot too. It's fun when I learn something interesting about various stamps and then go rifle through my extras to see if I have one!
Valued Member
United States
113 Posts
Posted 01/19/2022   9:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add LadyGrace to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
@FitzjamesHorse

I want the Star Trek forever stamps that came out a few years ago! They are on my wish list. I also want The James Bond set from the UK. I didn't know Monte Python was on stamps!
I feel kind of weird about stamps with living people on them as well.
Valued Member
United States
121 Posts
Posted 01/19/2022   10:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bubbachismo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool everyone. Dinos tigers and fish o my..Dorothy I don't think we're in Cali anymore lol. That's certainly one of the best things about stamps. The trip we take when we go exploring through our collections. My obsession with 19th century is the same, I think black powder muskets, the theater, and industrialization. What else is this cool? Lately I've found some cancels with my Birthday and have started looking to find more. I guess that would be topical.
Valued Member
United States
113 Posts
Posted 01/19/2022   10:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add LadyGrace to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
@Bubbachismo

Those are interesting topics! Also, I've never thought of collecting cancels with a specific date on them. That's a fun Idea!
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 700Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.21 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05