Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Help With Mexico Watermarks Aztec Bird Stamps

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 236Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
927 Posts
Posted 01/18/2022   9:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Mrita75 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Good evening from TX.

Working on my MX Album and am having some trouble with these Airmails. This is what I believe I see:

First stamp WM = 156 correos Mexico so C70 Blue. The second one, I think I see WM 279 and therefore the stamp is C174 Blue gray. EDIT: Could also be WM 272 and the stamp could be C137. What do you think? I am also showing the front as well so you can see the color.

Thanks.

Edit - my bad, should have placed this in World BOB.

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Send note to Staff
Edited by Mrita75 - 01/18/2022 9:48 pm

Pillar Of The Community
United States
2813 Posts
Posted 01/19/2022   12:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The right stamp is watermark 279 (nicknamed "Gobierno"), C174. I believe I see the small eagle emblem at about the 8 o'clock position. I don't see the watermark "ruling lines" here, but they can be quite strong to near invisible.

Watermark 272 (nicknamed "S.H.C.P.") has taller rectangular Cs and Os.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
927 Posts
Posted 01/19/2022   12:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi hy-brasil, thank you so much. Many of these can be tricky for me. For example I am struggling with Eagle Man (Scott AP18) I have quite a few and there are several iterations in terms of perfs, watermarks and color. I am proud of myself for using the Ronsonol on some mint NH stamps - as all said, everything is fine :)
Edited by Mrita75 - 01/19/2022 12:34 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2813 Posts
Posted 01/19/2022   6:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yarg, the Eagle Man might be the most wrongly identified stamp by watermark around!

Me, I've saved up those definitives and done the identification together to be able to do watermark comparisons.
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 236Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05