Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Iconic Stamp Series From Around The World

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 29 / Views: 1,614Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
United States
630 Posts
Posted 01/20/2022   8:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add classic_paper to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
What, in your minds, are some of the greatest, most iconic, famous, or beautiful stamp series extant (minimum three stamps to be a series)? To start, in no order:

China, 1967, Thoughts of Mao
USA, 1898, Trans-Mississippi Exposition
Canada, 1912-26, KGV Admiral issue

What say you?
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
330 Posts
Posted 01/20/2022   8:51 pm  Show Profile Check pascoe's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add pascoe to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
USA Columbian series, the first US commemoratives, comes to mind for me.

What do folks things of UK Omnibus series?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
242 Posts
Posted 01/20/2022   9:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Greaden to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The 1930s Canadian pictorials.

French Morocco monuments, 1917.

North Borneo engraved bicolor pictorials.
Valued Member
United States
186 Posts
Posted 01/20/2022   9:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add oldboldandbrash to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm thinking perhaps Greece C1-4? Such pretty watercolors! Or how about any QE2 Machin? They're pretty recognizable
Valued Member
90 Posts
Posted 01/20/2022   10:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bankruptcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Great ideas so far. Some I like.

USA C13-C15: Zeppelins
Brunei N1-N19: Scene on Brunei River, Japanese Overprint
Germany 670-685: Numeral and Post Horn
Valued Member
United States
31 Posts
Posted 01/20/2022   10:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add exlibriseric to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm a sucker for the Prexies and also any definitive/semi-postal set from Belgium featuring King Albert I.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
927 Posts
Posted 01/20/2022   11:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am a Merson Liberty and Peace kind of girl - Also fond of the King George VI 1939 Arms series. Not sure if they are iconic - but I also really like the Hidalgo Medallion stamps.
Valued Member
47 Posts
Posted 01/20/2022   11:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add youpiao to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
'Roos
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
70 Posts
Posted 01/21/2022   08:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Going Postal to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'll submit the Egyptian Sphinx and pyramid grouping from the late 1800s.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1565 Posts
Posted 01/21/2022   09:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cjpalermo1964 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Italy, 1950-58, Italy at Work series.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
6376 Posts
Posted 01/21/2022   10:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Canadian Scroll set, simply beautiful.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1372 Posts
Posted 01/21/2022   11:46 am  Show Profile Check rlsny's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rlsny to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I like all the suggestions so far, but my mind went a completely different way. For some reason those Bhutan three-dimensional stamps from 1969 came to mind.

Edited by rlsny - 01/21/2022 11:47 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2558 Posts
Posted 01/21/2022   2:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add txstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nova Scotia and/or New Brunswick early "Pence" Issues.
Valued Member
90 Posts
Posted 01/21/2022   3:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bankruptcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'll add another to my list. The Bhutan "record" stamps, Scott 152-152F. They may not be the most beautiful or greatest, but they are kind of iconic.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8167 Posts
Posted 01/21/2022   3:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Iconic to collectors or the general public?
Valued Member
47 Posts
Posted 01/21/2022   5:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add youpiao to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I think the general public are fairly oblivious to stamp designs, except maybe for Elvis.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 29 / Views: 1,614Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05