Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Lance Limoges… Signing In For The First Time

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 845Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
41 Posts
Posted 01/24/2022   12:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add dllimoges to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Introducing DL Limoges

Hello… My name is Lance Limoges and I am new to the community but not new to stamp collecting. I began collecting in 1952. At The age of 12. I started collecting worldwide but soon started realizing this was to large an area. I zeroed in on Luxemburg and Germany. However, I never met a stamp I didn't enjoy. After many years I ended up in Saudi Arabia at a university teaching. I joined the Aramco philatelic society and became immensely interested in Hejaz, Nedj and Saudi Arabia, after returning back to the United States I open the stamp shop in State College Pennsylvania and proceeded to become a full-time dealer having tables at most of the major shows in the US and Canada for the next 20 years . My wife and I retired from the business and opened up an eBay store at that time. However, I returned teaching at the university level in Korea and then Okinawa. For the past 10 years I have renewed my interest in philately and now my wife and I are Heavily engaged in confederate stamps and covers and related postal history items.
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
222 Posts
Posted 01/24/2022   12:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Richard Frajola to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Lance - Back in September 2000 I posted on my chatboard the following addressed to Bill Longely:

"I just spotted some literature just listed by Lance Limoges that I bet you don't have. It is the first
10 volumes of "The Stamp Collector's Magazine" issued from Feb., 1863. There are 12 volumes in
total I think. I have only ever seen one set of these (Turner?) and it was pretty neat with original
stamps pasted in. Start price of $700."

I should have bought the item when it was on eBay. Do you still have the set by any wild chance? I have not seen another set since.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by Richard Frajola - 01/24/2022 12:38 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
532 Posts
Posted 01/24/2022   1:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hoosierboy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Lance,

Wonderful career both in and out of philately. Wishing you many more years of pleasure from our hobby.

Collecting for the enjoyment of collecting, whatever that might be, is the name of the game. Don't hesitate to ask questions especially if you need basic information and especially more advanced sources of information for any possible topic. You should be able to find folks on this board a little further along on their collecting journey glad to share experiences. Russ
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
927 Posts
Posted 01/24/2022   1:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
So glad you are here! I hope to learn a lot from you. Nora.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
6455 Posts
Posted 01/24/2022   2:04 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello, Lance - welcome, and would love to see any material from the Hejaz that you'd care to share.
Learn More...
United States
10537 Posts
Posted 01/24/2022   2:11 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome.
Don
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1786 Posts
Posted 01/24/2022   3:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi lance,
Welcome can't wait to learn from you!

Richard frajola,
I'd love to pick your brain, not Specifically about a stamp(s)
Valued Member
Canada
54 Posts
Posted 01/24/2022   3:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DeeBee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice to have somebody on this forum who could possibly decipher early Saudi stamps. Always a challenge.
Valued Member
United States
349 Posts
Posted 01/24/2022   4:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StatesmanStamper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome!

Dale
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8290 Posts
Posted 01/24/2022   4:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Lance. What an amazing journey you have been on. I look forward to reading your posts and picking your brain on all matters philatelic.
Valued Member
United States
41 Posts
Posted 01/24/2022   4:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dllimoges to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Richard… I'm not sure how I answer your query. I know it's been a long time since we've seen each other at shows! In answer to your question… If I am permitted to post this… Is yes. I'm sure that I do have the volumes you inquired about. 40 years ago I purchased a large stock of philatelic magazines and journals. They have been carefully stored away in my philatelic locker… You know the ones we all have in the back room!
Valued Member
United States
41 Posts
Posted 01/24/2022   4:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dllimoges to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Geoffha ... I'm certain once I get the hang of how to post. I will be more than happy to discuss all kinds of topics regardingHejaz and Nedj. Jack Wilson from Aramco was one of my closest friends for years. Very sad to see his passing last year. I was the publisher of his book on the Hejaz postal history. And will be putting up more information about this fascinating topic. Once I am able to do so. I have full sheets of the framed and unframed overprints and have plated many copies throughout my career. Number of years ago I expert ties. Hejaz for the American philatelic Society. I will be very happy to share information about this wonderful collecting area.
Learn More...
United States
10537 Posts
Posted 01/24/2022   4:53 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lance,
I just sent you an email.
Don
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
70 Posts
Posted 01/24/2022   10:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Going Postal to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the community.
Valued Member
United States
11 Posts
Posted 01/25/2022   7:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rrraphy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lance. Nice to see someone else interested in the stamps of Hejaz, Nejd and Saudi Arabia. Are you still selling such stamps, or collecting them?

Are you aware of Ghassan Diab Riachi superb book on The Sultanate of Nejd Philatelic Manual? This has been so instructive to me.

Hope to have interesting discussions on the subject. I am always happy to find another collector who specializes in Middle Eastern Stamps in general.
rrr...
Valued Member
United States
71 Posts
Posted 01/26/2022   10:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just for fun to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome! This is a fun place to be.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 845Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05