Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Question About Images On Ebay Listings

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 520Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3892 Posts
Posted 01/24/2022   8:40 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add KGV Collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Am wondering if my computer image files are needed to keep the image up for my current eBay listings?

Any help would be great. My tests seemed to tell me that my file images are not needed but before I delete heaps of images would like some feedback please.
Send note to Staff

Learn More...
United States
10458 Posts
Posted 01/24/2022   8:43 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
No, the images in the listings are uploaded and stored on eBay servers.
Don
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
4309 Posts
Posted 01/24/2022   8:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I would retain them unless there is some compelling reason not to. My laptop will never run out of storage space for these types of small files. And they often come in handy for future reference like illustrating threads here.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3892 Posts
Posted 01/24/2022   9:15 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks heaps Don. Nice to get some conformation!

Hi John. My computer skills are limited at best. Still trying to get a better understanding of windows10. Image files are a lot different to me than windows7 that am use to.

So all my images scanned go to saved pictures and not toolbox as I am use too. My saved picture file is horrendous it needs to go so it is not so hard to find new images filed under per dates.

Had to get my windows10 tower working myself + the scanner patch for my windows7 scanner that is a dream to use + my scanner. I tried to get IT help from May last year till I finally did it myself end Nov. Was trying to contact IT people every 2nd day. To the 3 IT people that service my area. There is so many people like me in the area I live now. It has become madness.

Now they have found out why I cannot hear after over 10 years a mobile phone is very new to me. No goggle search show the same images I get on my phone. Putting in the model # but not getting it. What a world!
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35194 Posts
Posted 01/24/2022   11:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So all my images scanned go to saved pictures and not toolbox as I am use too.

Go to your scanner, and start clicking on the icons
till you find "File save settings"
Then direct them to "toolbox" whatever that is.

With Epson, file save settings have an icon with a folder icon.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3892 Posts
Posted 01/25/2022   01:18 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Rod

It was a fluke of luck that I got a file to line up with cannon scanner so I have stayed with it.

I do understand what you are saying Rod. I will give it a go.

The toolbox setting has no image when I click into it just numbers and dates very off putting. Some how I think my computer settings are not correct.

Toolbox give me a new file each time I use it or use to. Saved images is just one big file page.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35194 Posts
Posted 01/25/2022   02:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
John,
Yes, it does not sound fine to me (toolbox)
sounds like a program folder. (not that I would know)

For me, I would just create a new folder called "Johns Stamps"
or " eBay stamps" or whatever.
Then have your scanner dump to there.
I do that with all my files, images, programs whatever
into 1 folder.
Then I send to appropriate sub folders.
You never lose anything after that.

If you name your images with a prefix YearMonthDay
everything is organised
eg "20220125 johns query"

My files go back 20 years like that

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3892 Posts
Posted 01/26/2022   07:16 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Have ended up in a mess with PDF files & Jpeg files.

All I can manage to get with PDF files is the symbol.

Looks like I have learning ahead of me!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
522 Posts
Posted 01/26/2022   08:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hoosierboy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ever thought of collecting computer images? I keep a reference folders of items in my collecting areas I have seen on eBay and other sites.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35194 Posts
Posted 01/26/2022   6:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Have ended up in a mess with PDF files & Jpeg files.
All I can manage to get with PDF files is the symbol.
Looks like I have learning ahead of me!

We all travel the same route John.

I have the same problem in Win10
It is merely what "extensions" (extension*.jpg or *.pdf)
that your software can open

I use a dinosaur 1980 ACDSee image viewer (cause I reckon its the best) but it will not open *.pdf in win10

So I used 2 differing programs to open both. jpg and pdf

I have now jumped ship to XYPlorer, which does everything, but cook my dinner.

Try the software you are using, and look for settings,
then "file associations" and add PDF

Example when I use ACDSee in W7
I had to add PDF
Edited by rod222 - 01/26/2022 6:25 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35194 Posts
Posted 01/26/2022   6:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Cubic explorer is free
It will open *.pdf and all others
https://cubicexplorer.en.softonic.com/
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 520Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05