Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Need Help To ID Printer's Logo On This Postcard

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 246Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community

4302 Posts
Posted 01/25/2022   10:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add John Becker to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Who printed this card? Whose circular logo is this?

c1910, U.S. city view.
I have looked at the standard postcard websites which list all sorts of information about countless publishers, but none seem to list this logo.
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
Canada
54 Posts
Posted 01/25/2022   12:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DeeBee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
What's on the other side of the card?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
425 Posts
Posted 01/25/2022   12:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add patg23 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

"Circle, dark with 3 white quarter moons inside......"
Pillar Of The Community
4302 Posts
Posted 01/25/2022   1:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Patg.
Thank you! That seems to be the perfect match, and further confirmed by several Grollman-marked cards on eBay with the same logo. Another book I need to add to the library!

DeeBee,
A fair request. I suspected a national-level publisher and did not want to bias the initial responses. The other examples I had handy were all used from Illinois (two generic greetings) and Indiana (a city view).

Searching further, I see an article on Barr's Postcard News site which says "... photographer I. Grollman of Chicago"
Valued Member
425 Posts
Posted 01/25/2022   2:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add patg23 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
John,
This one is copyright 1975. Don't know if any newer.

Saw one on eBay for ~$14. (Went back, and it's gone)

Pat
Pillar Of The Community
4302 Posts
Posted 01/25/2022   2:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I just bought that copy, before I made the above post. Way ahead of you. Thanks.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35171 Posts
Posted 01/25/2022   2:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
When I read the first post, I thought
"That's not going to get cracked"
How wrong was I?
Amazing ID !

Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 246Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.18 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05