Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Amazon Includes Image Of Delivered Parcels At Door

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 743Next Topic
Page: of 2
Learn More...
United States
10456 Posts
Posted 01/25/2022   2:53 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add 51studebaker to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

New to me/my area...
Amazon is now having their delivery folks snap images of the parcels sitting on the porch or at door. The email notification shows the packages at the door and it also shows when I go to the Amazon 'orders' page and click on tracking. This will help when they deliver to the wrong house, you'll know which neighbor has your parcels!
Don
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
593 Posts
Posted 01/25/2022   3:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stamps101 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
They've been at this for awhile now where I am. The funniest is when they upload the photo of them leaving it right on my front porch literally inches from a big sign that says "PLEASE LEAVE PARCELS AT SIDE DOOR". Sigh.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8179 Posts
Posted 01/25/2022   3:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That is awesome! I am too rural for Amazon (yet). Lately Fedex has been leaving ALL of my deliveries at my distant neighbors on either side of me.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
647 Posts
Posted 01/25/2022   3:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add classic_paper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, Chicago's had it for over a year. I'd say (only) 75-80% of the time, though.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
384 Posts
Posted 01/25/2022   3:59 pm  Show Profile Check johnsim03's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add johnsim03 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This will help when they deliver to the wrong house, you'll know which neighbor has your parcels!

This happened to me. I just scooped it up from my neighbor's porch and I didn't get shot!

You will notice that it is hit and miss as far as the images go. At least, it is around here. Some of them have images, some of them don't.

John
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1078 Posts
Posted 01/25/2022   7:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The supplying of a photo of the "delivered" package begs the question, who suffers the loss of the package to the porch pirate? The customer, the delivery company or the seller? Placed on my porch is not delivered to me any more than if dropped off in the town square of my town. In my or my agent's hands is delivered.

EDIT: Both my porch and the public square are lawful areas for anyone of the public to walk, not that their intent is to obtain a five finger discount of my wrapped surprise, but they do have a right to walk near my package.

Edited by Parcelpostguy - 01/25/2022 7:07 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8179 Posts
Posted 01/25/2022   7:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The homeowner suffers the loss and if playing strictly by the book would file a police report so that a full-scale investigation complete with porch pirate dragnet could be put in play, the perps caught after a high-speed chase and arraigned so that they could be released immediately back onto the street to pirate more porches.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1078 Posts
Posted 01/25/2022   7:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A bit too much TV methinks rogdcam.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8179 Posts
Posted 01/25/2022   7:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
United States
308 Posts
Posted 01/25/2022   7:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ioagoa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
parcelpostguy --

Fully agree -- the picture should be of no legal consequence as far as shifting the risk of loss to the homeowner -- and doesn't mean anything other than at a given "point in time", even if only for a moment in time, the packages were placed on the porch -- and definitely should not constitute "proof" of delivery -- as you could also have a dishonest Amazon driver -- snaps the pic -- then takes the package -- just sayin? Wonder what the "weasel language provisos" state in the "fine print" -- which I presume is designed to protect everybody except the addressee?

// ioagoa
Valued Member
Canada
178 Posts
Posted 01/25/2022   7:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PMStamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
They've been doing that here in the Greater Vancouver area for about a year now.

There was a not so humorous news report from a door bell video of a delivery service (don't remember which company) leaving a parcel, snapping a picture of it, and then picking up the parcel and taking it with him. The driver was caught and fired.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
592 Posts
Posted 01/25/2022   8:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jleb1979 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am quite sure my foot was in the frame photographed by an Amazon delivery person last week as said person documented leaving said parcel on the doorstep of my residence. Glad I was home - I was out the door and on that box pronto!

A non-philatelic item I was anxious to get in and get wrapped up for Valentines Day before the intended recipient left her Zoom meeting to inquire why the dog was barking.

If only I could remember where I hid the doggone thing. But Amazon shows the package right there with a blurry big foot so it must be somewhere around here....

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8179 Posts
Posted 01/25/2022   8:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If a delivery contract doesn't require that a buyer sign for the package, then it is deemed to have been delivered when placed upon the front doorstep. If the delivery contract requires that someone sign for the package, however, delivery is not transferred from the seller to the buyer until the hand-to-hand transfer occurs.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3381 Posts
Posted 01/26/2022   06:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
They have been doing this in our area for quite some time. I like the service.

At least helps clarify if it was delivered to the wrong house, helps keep the drivers to be more honest, and reduce claims that something was not delivered.

Al
Edited by angore - 01/26/2022 06:47 am
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
70 Posts
Posted 01/26/2022   07:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Going Postal to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
At least they didn't post a picture of your package torn up along the railroad tracks.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8179 Posts
Posted 01/26/2022   07:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 743Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05