Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Amazon Includes Image Of Delivered Parcels At Door

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 846Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
71 Posts
Posted 01/26/2022   11:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just for fun to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It helps both sides.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1288 Posts
Posted 01/26/2022   12:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I live in a fourplex with a locked gate in front of the property. USPS has a key; other delivery services don't. I rarely buy things from Amazon, but when I do, I have them shipped to my PO Box or an Amazon locker near where I work. For FedEx shipments (like one en route from Japan right now), I use their "Hold at Location" service, which allows me to sign for my package and pick it up at a FedEx Office store near my workplace, since I'm usually not at home during normal delivery hours.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
963 Posts
Posted 01/26/2022   1:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mootermutt987 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Amazon has been doing this for a while in my area. I live in a condo, in a community of 135 condos. Each of us has a front door. There are perhaps 5 or 6 different appearing front door areas in the community. Meaning: when I see a photo of a package sitting at 'my' front door, it can be sitting at any one of about 20 front doors. In other words - completely and utterly useless. Our street #'s are on the building out by the road, about 30 feet from the front door, so no street # would be visible in a delivery photo. In the last year, I have had about 10 meals delivered to my front door that I did not order - each was addressed to a neighbor, so the last 50' of delivery is taken care of by me. I don't order delivery so I don't know how many times my meal would be delivered elsewhere. It is really a simple system - street #'s on every single unit, out by the road so a driver can see it, and walkways up to each front door. Yet delivery people are ALWAYS screwing it up - it is like they cannot read. My experience is that the weak link in the delivery industry is the guy leaving the package somewhere in my neighborhood.
Edited by mootermutt987 - 01/26/2022 1:41 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8300 Posts
Posted 01/26/2022   2:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Yet delivery people are ALWAYS screwing it up - it is like they cannot read.

Amen to that Mooter.

My Fedex driver de jour just left a package in a snowbank at the end of my driveway. 300 feet from my house!!!

Yesterday I looked out my front window to see my German Shepherds chewing up something that did not look right to me. It was the remains of a package that UPS threw over the fence the day prior. It had been a shipment of desiccant packs. Spent a half hour in the snow picking the remains up.

My rural delivery mail lady (contract employee) attached a huge box to the top of my mailbox with a rubber band last week. It was encased in slush because the plows were out.

Fully 50% of my deliveries now are damaged or delivered to my neighbors.

I have huge street numbers out front and both of my neighbors on either side have massive boulders with their street numbers on them.

It is utterly beyond me why this is soooo hard.

Thank the Lord these people did not go into the medical or aviation fields.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1173 Posts
Posted 01/26/2022   2:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My experience is that the weak link in the delivery industry is the guy leaving the package....

You have that right.

I live on a short rural dead end street of 7 housing units, each which by law for fire fighting purposes must have an illuminated 24/7 house number visible from the street. I have lost count of the number of packages placed at the wrong home.

I witnessed an Amazon driver toss a cardboard box over my neighbor's fence onto the "grassy" area then quickly snap a photo, climb into the vehicle and drive off. Me, I walked across to the neighbor's, up the front walk, through the open, not unlocked but standing open gate, over to the package and placed on their large covered porch/front deck area by their front door then returned back home. I managed to do this quickly enough to not bother putting on a raincoat so I did not get bothersomely wet in the rain.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 846Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05