Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Questions About Recent? Changes On Ebay

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 808Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...

United States
543 Posts
Posted 01/27/2022   11:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add mml1942 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I recently noticed that eBay has removed PayPal as a payment option from checkout. I know this was forecast, but I thought it was to happen in 2023. Was there an announcement that I missed?

I have typically set up all my saved searches to display in the Grid display format rather than the List format. Recently, everything seems to go to the List format by default, and even when it starts with the Grid format, it will often change to List when I move to a next page.

I can't find a place where this display can be set as a preference. Is there one?

The Custom Option on the display page does not seem to work even once. In fact it will set the display back to List even when it is currently on Grid, and you attempt to set it to Grid.

Am I overlooking something, or is this simply a manifestation of poor programming, not making all changes related to a function to work the same way, or am I field testing some idiot programmer's work on a daily basis. If the latter, then please tell me how to report their problems.
Send note to Staff

Learn More...
United States
11001 Posts
Posted 01/27/2022   11:35 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Mike,
I've purchased about 10-12 items lower cost philatelic over the last few weeks (one item about an hour ago) and PayPal was a payment option for me**.

I think that the 'Customize' is only persistent when you navigate using the 'Categories' and does not apply to any 'search' pages. I do not see any 'view' info in the search links address lines so it might be that the eBay search info is stored in a cookie. I have not tested this but if so you might be able to see a delta between browsers. Alternatively, you could test by deleting any eBay cookies and testing.
Don

**Edit: I have seen eBay roll out changes on a regional level before; it could be that this is what they are doing.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
510 Posts
Posted 01/27/2022   2:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cephus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
So far as I know, Paypal is still on eBay for me. If it goes away, I just stop using eBay. It's that simple.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
543 Posts
Posted 01/27/2022   2:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mml1942 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Don,

Thanks. I thought about it being a regional roll-out, and me as being a regional guinea pig to test it.

Next time I have to go to eBay check out, I'll do a screen shot of what I see.

Mike
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
36853 Posts
Posted 01/27/2022   8:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Always use paypal here.
I have noticed, least I think I read,
a more personal approach with eBay messaging.

After a purchase yesterday 'ebay...
"Hi Rod, nice to see you again, your purchase...blah blah.."

Pillar Of The Community
United States
585 Posts
Posted 01/28/2022   09:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hoosierboy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just successfully used paypal at check out.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
904 Posts
Posted 01/28/2022   2:50 pm  Show Profile Check docgfd's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add docgfd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I think eBay just changed the payment default to credit cards (or bank accounts, depending on what was the back-up payment method on record). Scrolling down at checkout still offers PayPal as a payment option for me.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1134 Posts
Posted 01/29/2022   1:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Al E. Gator to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just finished making a purchase on eBay, although PayPal still shows as an option, when attempting to use it for payment, got a popup message indicating the PayPal payment option was unavailable at this time. Had to use an alternated form of payment.
Learn More...
United States
11001 Posts
Posted 01/29/2022   1:14 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I made an eBay purchase a few minutes ago, used PayPal and the screens and process went normally.
Don
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
543 Posts
Posted 01/29/2022   3:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mml1942 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I made a purchase earlier today and the PayPal option was there.
Now I wonder if I am losing my mind. Has anyone seen it wandering around?

Mike
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
36853 Posts
Posted 01/29/2022   3:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Things happen.
I have recently experienced my cursor wandering.
I thought I was being hacked.

It was just Win10, updating.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
585 Posts
Posted 01/29/2022   3:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hoosierboy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I think it depends upon which eBay server your current request is routed through. I note many inconsistencies in my stored search list especially in mid morning my time. Many servers not in sink all the time?

Yep, eBay not allowing Paypal will be devastating to both the customer and eBay.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1134 Posts
Posted 01/29/2022   9:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Al E. Gator to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just made another purchase on eBay. PayPal still unavailable to use for the purchase. Maybe its regional, maybe phasing out PayPal? Don, your in Western NC and I'm in Central TN., so might that rule out regional?? unless its by state??
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3100 Posts
Posted 01/30/2022   08:37 am  Show Profile Check eyeonwall's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add eyeonwall to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
by state makes no sense
I paid by PP yesterday
Pillar Of The Community
United States
8180 Posts
Posted 01/30/2022   08:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Same here. I paid through PayPal yesterday - no problems

Peter
Pillar Of The Community
United States
585 Posts
Posted 01/30/2022   11:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hoosierboy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just used paypal successfully again at 11:34 am eastern time. Russ
  Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 808Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05