Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Yugoslavia 1921 King Alexander

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 653Next Topic  
Valued Member

United Kingdom
10 Posts
Posted 02/01/2022   5:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add RichyS to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello,

I have astamp that appears to be from this set that is stumping me. It is a 50pa value. I have the olive green, which is listed in my catalogue, but I also have a 50pa deep blue. I can't find out what this may be. Any assistance greatfully received.

Thank you,

Rich
Send note to Staff

Learn More...
United States
10540 Posts
Posted 02/01/2022   5:17 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome.
It may be a 'color changeling', green stamp can change to blue if exposed to certain environmental conditions (see https://stampsmarter.org/learning/A...gelings.html )
Can you post an image of your stamp?
Don
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35497 Posts
Posted 02/01/2022   7:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting title,
Alexander was not King of Yugoslavia until 1929?
Valued Member
United States
32 Posts
Posted 02/01/2022   8:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add exlibriseric to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod, Alexander was king of Yugoslavia from 1921-1934.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7234 Posts
Posted 02/01/2022   8:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Officially, there was no Yugoslavia until 1929. It was founded as the Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes, and in 1929 it officially became the Kingdom of Yugoslavia.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35497 Posts
Posted 02/01/2022   10:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Therein lies the answer,
thank you gentlemen.

I had all my 1921 as "Prince Alexander"
all were text strings from Stanley Gibbons
that's where I may have picked up that honorific.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5932 Posts
Posted 02/02/2022   08:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Getting back to the O/P question ..........is the 50 pa value in deep blue that is being asked about real is the 50pa over print ? Let me know or do you want to see my copy if you can't put up a scan .
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1235 Posts
Posted 02/02/2022   12:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Timm to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5932 Posts
Posted 02/02/2022   1:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure what the original poster has but this is the only one that could be what he is talking about / just not sure .
Valued Member
United Kingdom
10 Posts
Posted 02/03/2022   5:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add RichyS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, thank you for your thoughts. I've taken 2 photos (on my phone I'm afraid - no scanner), These are with and without flash. The colours aren't true, but hopefully you'll get an idea. I think that some sort of oxidisation is probably the answer...

Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1737 Posts
Posted 02/03/2022   6:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 22crows to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It looks rather more like 20 than 50.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35497 Posts
Posted 02/03/2022   6:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It looks rather more like 20 than 50.

Agreed.
You have a 50 and a 20

The problems encountered by using phone images.
(and the colour is slate, not deep blue)

Edited by rod222 - 02/03/2022 6:41 pm
Valued Member
United Kingdom
10 Posts
Posted 02/04/2022   03:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add RichyS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you - my eyesight isn't great. I can see on teh scan when I magnify.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35497 Posts
Posted 02/04/2022   05:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Thank you - my eyesight isn't great.

Right. I hope you did not think we were being critical.
I almost added, a mantra of mine
"Postmarks can make fools of us all" because the Pmk
did impinge on both value tablets.

If you can afford it, a scanner will bring stamps up right in your face,
and marvel at the intricate work on some of them.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
750 Posts
Posted 02/05/2022   12:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add billsey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
And if you can't easily afford it, look in the thrift shops for an older all in one printer... They have scanners built in and are often really, really cheap. :)
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 653Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05