Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

As A Seller, Where Can I Make A Formal Complaint To Ebay

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 25 / Views: 1,410Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Spain
14 Posts
Posted 02/03/2022   04:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Ourdadsstamps to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'm having an ongoing battle with eBay, can anyone help me keep my sanity.

This is the 5th time in three weeks that I have received a message like this

"Hello ourdadsstamps,
You have an outstanding amount owed for eBay fees. Because you owe eBay, you won't be able to list new items on eBay. To resolve this issue and continue selling, you need to pay the amount you owe immediately.

Please log into your eBay account to make a one-time payment and bring your account up-to-date.

Also, keep in mind that if you don't pay this outstanding amount owed, your account may be subject to account suspension.

If you've already paid your eBay fees, please disregard this message."

I owe 0.00GBP!!!!!!!!

Each time I spend half an hour with customer services to resolve the issue and they assure me it is a known technical problem which is now resolved and each time it comes back.

What can I do? It's pointless going back to customer services but there seems no alternative. Where can you make a formal complaint to eBay.

Meanwhile I now have 1400 items for sale that need transferring to a different online marketplace.
Send note to Staff

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35525 Posts
Posted 02/03/2022   07:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
but there seems no alternative.

What about just paying up front (Is it much?)
then continue on with your problem with eBay,
at least you may continue trading, whilst seeking a solution.

Sure it is not a scam?

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7955 Posts
Posted 02/03/2022   07:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Way back in the seventies I had a similar problem with a paid-off bank loan. The computer kept sending a bill for $0.00 month after month, including threatening letters. Finally, after sending a check for $0.00 it got all cleared up. Maybe?????

Peter
Valued Member
United Kingdom
113 Posts
Posted 02/03/2022   08:39 am  Show Profile Check Triangle's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Triangle to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have just won a battle with eBay over a dodgy buyer but it took a long time and a lot of effort.
I kept a note of each person I spoke to and was promised return phone calls or emails. When this did not happen I asked for a manager on the phone to both complain about poor service using the names I had kept and the details of the calls,and the original problem.Eventually a "manager" accepted a phone transfer and sorted out the issue in my favour.
I did discover that if you search GOOGLE for eBay offices there is a UK office with a postal address, so you could write to the general manager. If you look on the eBay service announcements, you will find a photo and name for the UK general manager as he announces "fantastic" service improvements etc
Hope this helps.
Valued Member
Spain
14 Posts
Posted 02/03/2022   09:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ourdadsstamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
rod222 "@What about just paying up front (Is it much?)
then continue on with your problem with eBay,
at least you may continue trading, whilst seeking a solution."

Pay what up front? The bill is 0.00GBP. My account is set up for eBay to take their fees before paying out. I am still getting regular pay outs. Its just a complete joke.

Petert4522
"Finally, after sending a check for $0.00 it got all cleared up. Maybe?????"

Where do I send a cheque to, there is no facility for this. I click on the link for outstanding balance and it tells me I don't owe anything. Plain loco!!!

Triangle: "I did discover that if you search GOOGLE for eBay offices there is a UK office with a postal address, so you could write to the general manager. If you look on the eBay service announcements, you will find a photo and name for the UK general manager as he announces "fantastic" service improvements etc
Hope this helps."

Thanks for that information I might try that. I have a copy of each of the transcripts, so have plenty of ammunition.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35525 Posts
Posted 02/03/2022   09:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
OK

Quote:
If you've already paid your eBay fees, please disregard this message."

Just disregard, and keep on trading, ignore the auto advice.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
511 Posts
Posted 02/03/2022   10:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mml1942 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sent them one cent or pence, then let them figure out how to refund YOU!!!
Valued Member
Spain
14 Posts
Posted 02/03/2022   11:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ourdadsstamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
rod222 I can't keep on trading my account is on hold so I am unable to list new items.
mml1942 There is no facility for me to pay them. Fees are taken out before eBay send me payments....which they are still doing!!!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1180 Posts
Posted 02/03/2022   1:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Please log into your eBay account to make a one-time payment and bring your account up-to-date.

Make a payment of one pence or what ever the minimum transfer amount can be. That will pay off the zero due. I advise that you make such a payment while on the phone with customer service and they can watch the process.

If this little issue is so bothersome that you want to move 1400 lots, I suggest you read the complaints written about each other site you consider as those problems seem to cost more than a pence. Then realize you may not be suited to sell on line due to the inherent glitches that arise and the distress it causes you.

Go make some tea or other soothing beverage, sit down, call eBay Cusstermer Service (not an accidental misspelling) and make the pence payment in the manner directed.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
113 Posts
Posted 02/03/2022   4:26 pm  Show Profile Check Triangle's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Triangle to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This is on the eBay website: if anyone gets hold of Murray Lambell, General Manager of eBay UK let us all know!

"I'm Murray Lambell, General Manager of eBay UK
This year marked 22 years of eBay in the UK. We wanted to thank you for choosing to sell on eBay.

Throughout the year, we've been working on improving the selling experience on eBay. We know we don't always get things right, so we've been listening hard and working with the seller community to identify issues that matter to you. Based on this feedback, we've made some changes that you can see below.

As we head into 2022, we know there's more work for us to do. We really appreciate you being part of the seller community on eBay, and all your hard work.

The team and I wish you the best for the festive season and as always, thank you for selling on eBay."
Edited by Triangle - 02/03/2022 4:26 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35525 Posts
Posted 02/03/2022   7:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
rod222 I can't keep on trading my account is on hold so I am unable to list new items.

Right,
then you have certainly, a problem worth complaining about.
I have met with like before,
So easy to navigate when you are paying money,
when you have a problem, you are met with a blank wall.

My largest gripe, is with emails, so easily used and (presumably)
easily acted upon, but most large businesses these days
do not have an email option, you have to Phone,
and often wait hours, listening to their propaganda.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
113 Posts
Posted 02/04/2022   07:02 am  Show Profile Check Triangle's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Triangle to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Emails and any other written messages/complaints require answers which costs you staff as you have to answer in writing. Overworked phone lines with people on hold and few staff are relatively cheap to run and there is no record apart from any recording that they make so the communication is in their favour , not the customers!
Many organisations are doing this.
Valued Member
Spain
14 Posts
Posted 02/04/2022   08:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ourdadsstamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for all your comments.

There have been a few suggestions, on many forum sites, that I make a payment of a few pence to try and resolve the issue.

If only it were that easy!

My account is set up so that eBay take the fees before paying me for my sales, they also have a direct debit set up with my bank so that they can take any fees outstanding directly from my bank. Because of this there is no facility for me to make a manual payment. If I could, I would, believe me!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5448 Posts
Posted 02/04/2022   11:36 am  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"Dear eBay, you have blocked my account from further listings until I pay the balance due of 0.00 UKP. Truth be known, I am happy to pay ten times that amount to resolve the problem! F*ck you very much. Sincerely yours, etc."

Seriously though, reaching humans at eBay is an exercise in futility, and when you do, it's invariable offshore support that doesn't natively speak the same language you do, which impedes progress even further.

I don't know how the European eBay platforms work, but here in the U.S., if you scour the help pages long enough and use their chat assistant with the correct options, you can eventually get them to call you via phone.

Good luck!
Edited by revenuecollector - 02/04/2022 11:39 am
Valued Member
Spain
14 Posts
Posted 02/05/2022   05:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ourdadsstamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Amazing! It seems to have rectified itself last night, no communication from eBay to tell me I just noticed some of my items had relisted. I remain to be convinced that this is a permanent solution though....we shall see.

I have made my search for a new marketplace the subject of a podcast which went out last night. If anyone is interested it can be found on my YouTube channel at Ourdadsstamps.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
877 Posts
Posted 02/05/2022   10:47 am  Show Profile Check docgfd's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add docgfd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"I have made my search for a new marketplace..."

Have you considered HipStamp? Although as a seller there and on eBay, I've never used it, but they have a 'sync' program where items automatically migrate from one site to the other (and Vica versa), which could save you quite a bit of effort. The sync has had some bugs lately, but these have reportedly been resolved.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 25 / Views: 1,410Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05