Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

As A Seller, Where Can I Make A Formal Complaint To Ebay

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 25 / Views: 1,530Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5470 Posts
Posted 02/05/2022   11:26 am  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Is the Hipstamp sync back to being fully functional? I thought it was one-way now.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
890 Posts
Posted 02/05/2022   6:11 pm  Show Profile Check docgfd's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add docgfd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Dunno exactly, since I don't use it. From what I can tell, there are still bugs in the system going from HS to eBay, but eBay to HS seems OK. That would be the direction the OP would need if he's bailing out on eBay (let it syn to HS and then close out eBay).
Valued Member
Spain
17 Posts
Posted 02/07/2022   06:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ourdadsstamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"Have you considered HipStamp?"

Yes I've mentioned them in my podcast, and it is certainly one I am considering.
I'll have to look into the sync feature. eBid, and Delcampe also have one, although I think Delcampe have withdrawn theirs. I tried the one with eBid and it did'nt like the postage fees from eBay so couldn't sync.
It's a great idea but I'm not sure any of them work properly.
Edited by Ourdadsstamps - 02/07/2022 06:25 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
890 Posts
Posted 02/07/2022   4:25 pm  Show Profile Check docgfd's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add docgfd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A 'P.S.' to my HipStamp post: If you decide on HS and use sync to transfer from eBay to HS, if you're then planning to bail on eBay make sure you turn off sync first. It seems obvious, but there are enough stories going around where a seller forgot to do this, ended everything on eBay and then discovered that sync worked perfectly as it scrubbed all his HS listings as well. Having to start from scratch would make me suicidal...
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1275 Posts
Posted 02/07/2022   6:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ourdadsstamps, I feel your pain. You are not the only person faced with a difficult to make payment. Below, a person must pay free pounds and if they don't in time, they will be charge demurrage. On the bright side, eBay is not charging to store your 1400 lots.

Edit: I forgot this-- What the OP is an example of is a software error where what was written should have said > 0.01 or just >0.00 but was entered as > 0.00 and problems ensued.
Edited by Parcelpostguy - 02/07/2022 9:10 pm
Valued Member
Spain
17 Posts
Posted 02/09/2022   03:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ourdadsstamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"I forgot this-- What the OP is an example of is a software error where what was written should have said > 0.01 or just >0.00 but was entered as > 0.00 and problems ensued."

Yes I tried to explain this to customer services at eBay, but it was way beyond them

I have to admit to being struck by apathy at the moment. It seems to have resolved itself and I am selling lots on eBay at the moment....oh the irony!...but Hipstamp is still a possibility.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
517 Posts
Posted 02/09/2022   04:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mml1942 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have to admit to being struck by apathy at the moment.

I'm neither for nor against apathy, I just don't care.
Edited by mml1942 - 02/09/2022 04:57 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2986 Posts
Posted 02/09/2022   7:52 pm  Show Profile Check eyeonwall's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add eyeonwall to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Shrug
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1275 Posts
Posted 02/09/2022   8:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have to admit to being struck by apathy at the moment. It seems to have resolved itself and I am selling lots on eBay at the moment....oh the irony!...but Hipstamp is still a possibility.

Well this thread is dead now. Why not move to Hipstamp and see if you can start a new thread.

Valued Member
Spain
17 Posts
Posted 03/04/2022   07:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ourdadsstamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well so much for apathy............

My account was restricted again last Friday, reinstated Tuesday and restricted again on Wednesday, I'm still waiting for that to be lifted even though it was promised yesterday. …..words fail me!

During that time eBay paid out over £90.00 for the sales I had made and also collected £3.50 for a refund I made to a customer for overpayment of postage, so they have no excuse for not being able to collect anything that is outstanding.

Out of desperation I emailed to Murray Lambell (the Managing Director of eBay UK) but he has not even bothered to even acknowledge me.

So I am now in the process of moving all my sale items over to Delcampe. I chose them as I already sell things on Delcampe and always include the web address there when sending items out, therefore my existing customer base from eBay will have more chance of finding me.

My advice to anyone reading this is….avoid eBay….as a seller you will save a lot of hassle and as a buyer you can probably find the same items on other sites often at a cheaper price.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 25 / Views: 1,530Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05