Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Early European Aviation & Other - Includes, France, Germany, Russia, Poland

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 676Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
108 Posts
Posted 02/07/2022   4:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add stampdorkman to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I really liked these when I found them. It appears there are French Escadrille labels. Curious if a catalogue exists for this material. Also any info anyone has on them would be appreciated. Thanks

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
France
2245 Posts
Posted 02/08/2022   02:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
On the russian one :
Saint-Petersburg City Public Administration
For the soldiers and their families
Here are two similar items

On the second one :
Kharkiv Ladies'Committee
Help the wounded
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by vayolene - 02/08/2022 03:31 am
Valued Member
United States
108 Posts
Posted 02/08/2022   09:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampdorkman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you I Will note that in my collection of these.
Valued Member
United States
49 Posts
Posted 02/08/2022   11:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stampdoc to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I like early aviation poster stamps as well.

Unfortunately, there have been untold millions of cinderellas printed over the years and it would be impossible to put them all in one catalog. A Scotts type catalog of all of them would probably run hundreds of volumes.

The Gardiner and Greiczek catalog of just exhibition stamps, and only to 1914, runs over 900 pages.

https://books.google.com/books/abou...ilnwoQEACAAJ

Your blue Darmstadt stamp is listed in there with a U for uncommon rating

Charles Kiddle, the top expert on poster stamps, published a book on early aviation stamps, but only for Germany.

Pillar Of The Community
France
2245 Posts
Posted 02/08/2022   12:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The two labels from Poland are listed and valued in Michel catalogue,and therefore they could be considered as "real" stamps
Valued Member
United States
108 Posts
Posted 02/08/2022   4:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampdorkman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Stampdoc & vayolene - I like to put a write-up and description on what I mount in my collection so your input is appreciated.
Valued Member
United States
89 Posts
Posted 02/12/2022   09:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bcantin to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Stampdoc - the book you mentioned, " A General Illustrated Catalogue of Exhibition and Event Poster Stamps to 1914" - is that one out of print? Is it more or less a reworking of Cazin & Rochas? I would love to find a copy of that, I love the exhibition/event poster stamps because we have an idea of the dates for those.

Great thread, I love when I can learn about new books and catalogues for my library.
Valued Member
United States
49 Posts
Posted 02/13/2022   09:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stampdoc to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bcantin

Yes, it was meant to be an updating of Cazin and Rochas, with new stamps added, and more importantly, pictures of all the stamps.

Unfortunately it is out of print - or at least, I couldn't obtain a printed copy anywhere. Send me an email at my junk address - rwerb1@yahoo.com and I might be able to help you.

Bob
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 676Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05