Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ebay Stamp Sheet Arrived Bent

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 1,268Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
385 Posts
Posted 02/13/2022   12:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Torin to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for all your helpful comments and insights. I am happy to report that things turned out very satisfactorily.

I messaged the seller with photos of the bent sheet, simply informing him/her of the condition the item was received in. I purposely did not ask or request anything because I wanted to see how the seller would react to just a simple factual message. Apparently, that strategy worked well because a few hours later I received an e-mail from eBay & PayPal indicating that I have been issued a partial refund for the order. The partial refund amount was the full price of the item (in this case the sheet), so in the end I am only out the shipping cost and have some visually stunning significantly discounted postage. The seller must have thought the sheet would be difficult to re-sell or wasn't interested in discounted postage and maybe that's why they didn't offer a full refund on return. The seller is not an exclusively stamp seller, so perhaps they don't have an affinity toward stamps.

I was fully prepared to accept returning the sheet for a full refund if the seller offered that or if the seller offered a partial refund that was too low, I would have refused and initiated a SNAD claim and returned for full refund.

One other idea that came to mind was if the seller had other items I was interested in, would be to ask the seller if he/she would accept a significantly discounted best offer on another item they have for sale in lieu of a return or any refund.

The mailing envelope was not rigid. The sheet was packed in a 10" x 13" polyethylene envelope along with a piece of cardboard (this cardboard was about the strength of a box of cereal cardboard) underneath the sheet. Clearly, not rigid enough. The cardboard needed to be more corrugated and there needed to be cardboard on top of the sheet as well. The sheet was shipped First Class Package.

I'm happy with the resolution.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3897 Posts
Posted 02/13/2022   02:49 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It is nice when the seller is sweet!
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 1,268Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05