Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Anyone Win Anything At Rasdale?

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 1,538Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...

United States
1647 Posts
Posted 02/21/2022   08:06 am  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add KRelyea to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I was going to practice restraint and wait for Kelleher on the 19th but 10 boxes later I realized I should have stayed off the laptop for that plan to work.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8499 Posts
Posted 02/21/2022   08:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I ended up with three Russian covers. No boxes for me. I was surprised that the bidding for single item lots was strong, with just as many bidders as the bulk stuff.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1239 Posts
Posted 02/21/2022   08:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A small mint Cuba lot only. I'm still going through lots purchased in the fall, so I managed to practice restraint this weekend - for a change!

Kelleher is March 18th I thought? Not posted on SAN yet, from what I can see.
Edited by gmot - 02/21/2022 08:48 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1647 Posts
Posted 02/21/2022   09:47 am  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes March 18 and 19 but for me it's all on the 19th.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1239 Posts
Posted 02/21/2022   10:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Got it thanks - probably same for me then.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
691 Posts
Posted 02/21/2022   10:43 am  Show Profile Check paperhistory's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paperhistory to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like I didn't get anything at Rasdale. Postal history lots through this house are generally cheaper material so I don't bid aggressively and I don't have a high hit rate. Need to find some more bulk lots though.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5968 Posts
Posted 02/21/2022   11:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Waiting for Cherrystone ,got a few lots I am going for . Working to build up a war chest, a rally in Ford and Disney stock would help, the theme parks are busy for the holiday weekend ,so if the Russian sit on their butts and a good opening in the stock market would hand me the money to fight for a few things at the stamp auctions .
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8499 Posts
Posted 02/21/2022   2:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
so if the Russian sit on their butts

That is answered as a big fat nyet.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5968 Posts
Posted 02/21/2022   4:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Your right those Russkies are looking for a fight .We need to see a positive out come then the stock market can see a up suge otherwise I will be back to those matchbook purchases,remember 100 stamps for 10 cents .
Valued Member
United States
376 Posts
Posted 02/21/2022   4:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GMC89 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Floortrader, "a rally in DIS , FMC" .... Dream on ... Holder of DIS since 1990.
Cheers mark
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
6561 Posts
Posted 02/21/2022   4:24 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I suspect you're OK. It's hard to see that Putin would go for the full-scale disaster that an invasion would be, although he may well let the Eastern European destabilising antics run for a while. Beyond that, there's a limit to how long he can afford to pay for an army sitting around in Russia and Belarus.
Valued Member
United States
376 Posts
Posted 02/21/2022   4:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GMC89 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
More appropriately, as Rogdcam suggested "nyet ".
mark
Valued Member
United States
376 Posts
Posted 02/21/2022   4:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GMC89 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I hope you're right GeoffHa
Valued Member
United States
235 Posts
Posted 02/21/2022   5:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rich60 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Restraint practiced and achieved
Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
1681 Posts
Posted 02/21/2022   6:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Putin was losing his position. Unlike what he thought when he invaded and occupied the Crimea, Ukraine's economy did not collapse. At the same time, Russia's economy got worse. Only the kleptocrats are better off. Most people, even in good jobs, cannot afford much extras. Withdrawing would cause a further weakening of his position. He is starting a war to avoid being forced out of the Kremlin. As usual, Russians will swallow the state propaganda. He has called the Ukraine an error of Lenin and accused it of genocide. Basically, he has been copying the tactics of NAZI-Germany. He will not stop at the Donbass. And if NATO does not call his bluff, Estonia will be his next target.
Edited by NSK - 02/21/2022 6:03 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
8021 Posts
Posted 02/21/2022   6:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Am I in the wrong forum? I thought this was about stamps?

Peter
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 1,538Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.64 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05