Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 Scott Minuteman Album Supplement

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 935Next Topic  
Valued Member

149 Posts
Posted 02/23/2022   9:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add MrEos to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
My Minuteman album supplement arrived in the mail, something I always look forward to. This year's supplement consists of 13 pages of postage stamps (109 stamps) and one page for Duck stamps. They also included an updated page to add 1994's Madonna & Child booklet stamp (Scott 2871A), but my album already had a spot for that. This must be for albums printed before that addition was made.

From the stamps I collected from home & office mail over the year, I filled 50 spots (46%). Not my worst season, nor my best. The curious can see my previous year reports searching my user name.

I have only one 2022 stamp so far (Lunar New Year), and still have lots of open spots from 2019 & 20. Any other collectors of modern, used US interested in trading extras?
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1351 Posts
Posted 02/23/2022   9:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JLLebbert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't collect used US after 1900. That said, I almost never throw away a stamp that enters the house. So I have a lot of stamps on paper, including some fairly recent ones. If you are interested, I can look through them for 2019 thru 2022 stamps. Or for earlier stamps if you like. Anything I find that you need you can have. As a collector of mint modern U.S., I also have the ubiquitous pile of postage that needs to be used. Hence I am willing to ship any (or all) used stamps to you at my cost. I used to save used stamps for a collector in North Carolina and would ship them to him periodically. But he stopped collecting so I've got a 3 or 4 year used pile built up. The stamps are still on paper and came mostly from dealers & collectors, so they include a lot of earlier modern material.
Let me know if you are interested. Eventually I will donate them to someone.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
149 Posts
Posted 02/24/2022   10:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MrEos to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow. That would be great. I feel a little guilty not having something to trade back. I doubt I have any pre-1900 extras (other than most common stuff). I'll figure out some way to pay it forward.
Valued Member
United States
219 Posts
Posted 02/24/2022   3:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add oldboldandbrash to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Since the topic has been brought up has anyone got any used (or mint for that matter) Heritage Breed or Transcontinental Railroad? I feel like no recent issues that I like have been bought up quicker or simply never used!
Valued Member
149 Posts
Posted 02/25/2022   4:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MrEos to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
JLL - I replied to your email. Check spam folder if missing.

OldB&B - I probably have the Railroad stamps in my box of extras (used on paper), but the Heritage Breeds are still empty spots in my album. Email me your address and I'll send the train your way.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1351 Posts
Posted 02/25/2022   7:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JLLebbert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
MrEos: I have one of the trains ... don't know which and it's too late to look as I've already got the stamps packaged. No golden spike though. But ... I do have unused ones in my postage pile. Will try to remember to put some on your package when I take it to the PO. Don't have any breeds, so no help there. If you let me know which ones you need, I'll try to use any that I might have on your package.
Valued Member
149 Posts
Posted 02/26/2022   10:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MrEos to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
JLL - I don't need the railroad stamps, that was OldB&B. I'm sending him those stamps, so that's covered. I find that larger sized stamps and higher denominations are the more difficult to find. Don't go out of your way, here. I'm already indebted to your generosity.
Valued Member
United States
65 Posts
Posted 07/08/2022   07:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add l2y to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I collect used stamps also and I do a cheat to get used current stamps.

I still pay bill via the mail so I have to buy unused stamps.
As I cheat, I send stamps to myself on self addressed envelopes. But it is too expensive to buy all the stamps, so I am just patiently awaiting for some of them to show up on Hipstamp or eBay.

I only started doing this this year so I only have 2001 & 2022 and I don't have many . *** Edited by Staff - Please review the rules that you agreed to when you registered. ***
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1609 Posts
Posted 07/31/2022   1:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cjpalermo1964 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Does anyone still need the "Golden Spike" issue? I just received one genuinely used on cover, and don't need it. Send PM if you have more than 50 posts and "receive email ok" turned on in your profile.
Edited by cjpalermo1964 - 07/31/2022 1:12 pm
Valued Member
United States
65 Posts
Posted 08/19/2022   05:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add l2y to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Tried to edit my last post but couldn't.

Just 3 days ago I changed my strategy to get current US. I was sending new stamps to myself. Then I discovered Hip Stamp and found current stamps way cheaper than FV or CV. For example, I was about to mail myself the 2018 Hot Wheels set, but was able to get the entire set on Hip Stamp for $2.80. A savings of $3.20.

Oh no! Just saw a warning on Mystic Stamp website saying there are counterfeits of these stamps. I hope I didn't buy some. Would they make it through the mail though? They were used stamps.

Oh well even if they are counterfeits, they will just be the start of my frauds and errors collection. LOL
Edited by l2y - 08/19/2022 06:01 am
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 935Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05