Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

My Ebay Orders Arrived From Russia And Ukraine

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 809Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1166 Posts
Posted 03/02/2022   03:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I collect Judo and martial arts topicals. Countries in and around those in the news issue Judo stamps with eBay sellers in the area as well. Likely has to do with Olympic medalist coming from the countries in the area. Even Putin holds a non-ceremonial Judo rank of rokudan. He has also hung out at the Kodokan Judo Institute in Tokyo, Japan.

My last order from Moscow, Russia paid for February 10th arrived in my hands March 1st. While the order was made and paid long before the war and sanctions, I was worried that it might get hung up in US Customs. I guessed purchases from that seller are finished for quite sometime but seller All4coins.ru is now working out of Estonia and active on eBay.

I also ordered before the war from d.p.stamps located in Kyiv (Kiev), Ukraine. The material arrived safely as well. After the war started, I sent the seller a message of support on Saturday thinking it would not arrive. He had an eBay banner which said he was away until March 5, 2022. Much to my relief and surprise, I received a reply on Sunday. Perhaps that meant he was traveling out of the country on holiday (or stamps shows). However, if it were me, I am not sure I would want to be away from my family, even if I was safe.

Nothing looked unusual about the stateside handling of either envelope. I checked for that as I have had mail registered with a signature required on mail from foreign countries which was not sent registered. For example, while I corresponded with Mohamed Ali Rashwan of Egypt all his mail was registered US stateside and required my signature. He was a ranking officer in the Egyptian Army at the time. Yet ours was a friendship via Judo. He was a silver medalist in the 1984 summer games and 7th in the 1988 games.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1288 Posts
Posted 03/02/2022   04:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations on getting your stuff! A few days ago, I saw a piece of postal stationery on Delcampe that I've been trying to find for several years, and it's at a good price. Unfortunately, the seller is in Ukraine, so I'm not even going to attempt to buy it right now.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Canada
199 Posts
Posted 03/02/2022   07:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mirman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Parcelpostguy, Putin was awarded hachidan (8th dan) from the International Judo Federation. He was also awarded the title of honorary president but that was suspended 3 days ago.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8295 Posts
Posted 03/02/2022   08:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
From Ukraine Post website:

Quote:
As of 1 March 2022, almost all Ukrposhta post offices have resumed their work to hand over postal items and, upon cash availability, money transfers.
We would like to draw your attention to the fact that post offices in Kherson region are temporarily CLOSED.
Also, most post offices in Donetsk region, Zhytomyr region, Zaporizhzhia region and Luhansk region are temporarily CLOSED.
Post offices in Sumy region and Kharkiv region are PARTIALLY OPEN.
Ukrposhta post offices in other regions work with reduced working hours.
The current schedule of post offices as of 1 March 2022 is available on the website.

THE UPDATED LIST OF SERVICES PROVIDED BY UKRPOSHTA POST OFFICES:
Handing over postal items. Until the end of hostilities, Ukrposhta cancels any storage fee for parcels.
Accepting domestic postal items with CONTENT PRESENTED only.
Money transfers we accept and pay out without restrictions (large amounts upon cash availability), except for transfers from / to the aggressor countries, as well as depending on the possibilities of cash collection. Thank you for your understanding.
Payments are accepted as usual. We will soon inform you about the payment of pensions and subsidies.
Newspapers we deliver those we already have (they may contain news from peaceful times). We will soon inform you about the delivery of new issues.
Consumer goods are sold as usual.
Acceptance of international postal items will be resumed soon.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1166 Posts
Posted 03/04/2022   09:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Putin was awarded hachidan (8th dan) from the International Judo Federation

I made rokudan prior to him, but lost interest in following him in Judo due to his very contrary actions over the years to one of the Judo principles, that of Jita Kyoei (mutual welfare and benefit) ** see below.

That said, I had a trip to the Kodokan planned but it fell through due to family responsibilities (aged parent). It happen to have been set during on of Putin's visits there. That was the time the photos of both he and Yasuhiro Yamashita both in gi and each wearing a kohaku belt were taken which can be found on the internet. Besides Mohamed Ali Rashwan mentioned in my OP here, I also had the honor to compete with Yasuhiro at one time. But I can say, for Yasuhiro, Mohamed and I , Judo is not just a sport, it is a way of life.

Also for me, and important here, it is a topical stamp interest.

**What is "Jita-Kyoei"?

As long as we coexist, each member of society and the groups organised within must function in harmony and cooperation with the others. Nothing is more important than living prosperously together. If everyone acts with the spirit of mutual cooperation, each person's work benefits not only himself, but also others, and attaining this together will bring mutual happiness. Activities should not engaged in simply for self-interest. Once started, it is only a matter of course that a person will find goodness in harmony and cooperation upon realising that his efforts will increase the prosperity of all. This great principle of harmony and cooperation is, in other words, the concept of Jita-Kyoei, or mutual prosperity for self and others.
Where should one seek the rationale for acting for the sake of others? Further, if one acts out of concern for his own wellbeing, there will inevitably be a collision of interests with others. Acts for the sake of self-interest will ultimately become a great inconvenience. In this way, sacrificing oneself without any purpose or reasoning runs counter to the greater good of humanity. If one merely enforces his own selfish claims, not only will he become hindered by opposition from others, but such selfishness will lead to self-destruction. When considered in this light, there is no other way forward but Jita-Kyoei in which all people play their part in society to prosper mutually.
For example, if three people join together in travel, one person may wish to go to the mountains, one to the sea, and one may want to stop and rest. The three eventually come to a point where they all wish to separate. Assuming that they wanted to enjoy the benefits of travelling together at the start, they must cooperate and accede to each other's wishes. In truth, there is no choice other than to select a common destination to satisfy everyone.

Looking at the ways of the world, we find that all things great and small interrelate in this manner... If one acts in accordance with his own interests while refusing to recognise the needs of others, this will lead to mutual destruction, and nothing is more disadvantageous or calamitous to society than this...

When we observe at the actual lives of people, it seems that there is a great deal of wasted energy. Even if it appears that people are utilising their energies effectively, it cannot be denied that there is still much room for improvement. We should cease meaningless conflict, and instead abide by the principle of Jita-Kyoei. If we proceed by maximising the efficient use of energy, this will result in the vitality of the country increasing dual-fold. Thus, culture will advance in leaps and bounds, and we will all be enriched and strengthened as a matter of course. Moreover, I believe that if we follow the ideal of Jita-Kyoei, international relations will become more amicable, and it will promote wellbeing for the entire human race.

For this reason, I beseech you all to integrate and embrace all these teachings and proclamations, raise the flag of Seiryoku-Zenyo and Jita-Kyoei, notions that are based on the immovable principles of truth, and move forward together with all the people of the world.

Kano Jigoro, "Why it is necessary to advocate the principles of Seiryoku-Zenyo and Jita-Kyoei", Sakko Vol. 4, No. 12, 1925.

Regarding Seiryoku-Zenyou, he is missing this mark as well:

"This concept of the best use of energy is the fundamental teaching of Judo. In other words, it is most effectively using one's energy for a good purpose. So, what is 'good'? Assisting in the continued development of one's community can be classified as good, but counteracting such advancement is bad... Ongoing advancement of community and society is achieved through the concepts of 'Sojo-Sojo' (help one another; yield to one another) or 'Jita-Kyoei' (mutual benefit). In this sense, Sojo-Sojo and Jita-Kyoei are also part of the greater good. This is the fundamental wisdom of Judo." Kano Jigoro, "The Best Use of Energy", Taisei, Vol.1, No.1, 1922.

Kano Jigoro
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1166 Posts
Posted 03/05/2022   12:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Due to the difficulty getting the above posted (See: http://goscf.com/t/80372 ) I don't dare try to edit it.

However I wanted to add that after that first meeting between Yasuhiro and Putin in 2005 at the Kodokan, Yasuhiro has also compiled an instructional judo video with Russian President Vladimir Putin. After Putin's Tokyo visit, Yasuhiro visited Putin's original Judo club in St. Petersburg. Politics aside, Putin is an accomplished Judoka.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1166 Posts
Posted 03/07/2022   2:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The package from Moscow was postmarked 2-22-2022.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
7951 Posts
Posted 03/07/2022   3:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I received an Email from Delcampe his morning. They have suspended all accounts from Russia and Belarus

Peter
Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
1503 Posts
Posted 03/07/2022   3:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
PostNL states that postal deliveries to Russia and Ukraine have been re-established. There are delays. Also, some cities in Ukraine remain cut off.
A postcard I sent from Batalha, Portugal to Moscow arrived Friday. Earlier in the week cards I posted at the same moment in the same location arrived in France and Germany. It appears Portugal's CTT was quite slow and the cards may not have left the country before ca. 24 February.

I am awaiting notice on postcards sent from San Lorenzo de El Escorial, Spain, on 25 and 26 February. Collection was not until 28 February. Neither France, nor Germany confirmed receipt. So, it is highly unlikely they left Spain before the end of last week. I hope I will get to know about the cards I sent to Russia. There are rumours coming from Russia that Russia is preparing to disconnect from the internet. It could be as soon as next week.

Packages might be more problematic, as insurers will not insure any shipments to and from Russia or Ukraine. And transporters may not be willing to carry any merchandise from Russia.

Update: The postcard from Spain to Germany arrived and probably did so on Saturday.
Edited by NSK - 03/07/2022 5:08 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 809Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05