Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

190-(?) Russian "Die Post In Finnland." - Information Desired & Lets See All 40 Images Of Sheet.

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 587Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1737 Posts
Posted 03/07/2022   04:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 22crows to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Explanation for riding cattle rather than horses:

" The pre-colonial period of Namibia ended in 1884, when the German Imperial government proclaimed Namibia as the Protectorate of German South-West Africa. The primary mode of transport at this time was by riding oxen and ox-wagons (Figure 1), whilst horses were only used to a limited extent because of the presence of African horse sickness (AHS). However, as the establishment of mission stations, mining operations and trading centres progressed, more horses were introduced, with the first horses reaching central Namibia in 1820.1 The first reported animal disease was anthrax in 1842, followed by AHS in the same year and contagious bovine pleuropneumonia (CBPP) in 1856. The biggest impact, with heavy losses, was caused by CBPP and later rinderpest (1897)."

http://www.scielo.org.za/scielo.php...012000100005
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35507 Posts
Posted 03/07/2022   05:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Solved !
Thanks Jill
Valued Member
157 Posts
Posted 04/13/2022   01:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CindyCan2 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
As far as I can tell this was a series of 48 different stamps depicting mail delivery systems in different countries, with text "DIE POST IN [Country]". The countries were:
1 Frankreich (France)
2 Belgien (Belgium)
3 England
4 Algerien (Algeria)
5 Spanien (Spain)
6 Schweden (Sweden)
7 Denmark
8 Egypt
9 Brasilien (Brazil)
10 Deutschland
11 Oesterreich (Austria)
12 Italien (Italy)
13 Neuseeland (New Zealand)
14 Russland (Russia)
15 Norwegen (Norway)
16 Holland
17 Luxemburg
18 Schweiz (Switzerland)
19 Canada
20 Argentine
21 Rumania
22 Servia
23 Sudafrika (South Africa)
24 Deutsch-Sudwestafrika (German Southwest Africa)
25 Marokko (Morocco)
26 Tunis (Tunisia)
27 Amerika (United States of America)
28 Mexiko (Mexico)
29 Turkey
30 Persia
31 China
32 Japan
33 British India
34 Siam
35 Anam (Vietnam)
36 Bayern (Bavaria)
37 Holland (Netherlands)
38 North Borneo
39 Samoa
40 Bulgarien (Bulgaria)
41 Kapland (Cape of Good Hope)
42 Bosnia
43 Ungarn (Hungary)
44 Griechenland (Greece)
45 Finnland (Finland)
46 Bolivia
47 Peru
48 Portugal

The blank space at the bottom was used to advertise different companies. I have noted the following companies (Cohn seems to be the most common one):
a) blank
i) A. E. Nessler, Leipzig Schreibwaren
b) Acht bayrisch Doppelpost / Cichorienfabrik Julius Cohn / G.m.b.H / Furth 1/ Bayern
t) Ad. Schwindke, Karlsruhe, Garten- / straße 13. Schreib- u. Papierw
g) B. Albert Tensi, Karlsruhe, / Ecke Markgrafen u. Kreuzstr. 20
s) Briefmarken aller Länder / Anna Oberbauer. Dresden / Große Plauenschestr. 31
m) Buchdruckerei u. Buchbinderei / J. Langenstein, Oggersheimerstr. 39.
c) Chokoladenhaus L. Haardt, Bad- / Nauheim, Parkstr. 22 Tel. 473
h) Drogerie Richard Hartmann Gohliserstr. Ecke Prendelstr.
r) Ernest Diedisheim, Mülhausen. Tel. 13 / Schreibm.-, Buch-, Kunst- u. Tapeten- / handlung, Blumenstrasse 13
j) Ferd. Hirsch, Prague / Grand magasin pour vetements / d'enfants. / Zelezna al. 14, Eisengasse 14
k) Firma B. De Vries, Boter Kaas, Eieren, Wyttenbachstr. 29 Amst.
e) Gg. Kolb Nachf. / Kurz-, Woll- u., Weißwaren.
n) Gg. Schmidt, Delikat., und Weinhdlg. / Kaiserstr. 29. Tel. 2308.
p) H. Esders & Co. / Herren-u. Knabenbekieidung.
q) Kon. Holl. Sigarenfabriek / Fa. C. G. v. d. Post / Utrecht-Gouda
f) Martin Friederich, Worms / Colonialwaren.
d) Otto Einbock, Ecke Mühlen- u. Aktienstraße
o) Papierhandlung Rudolf Neuhold, Wien, VI / VI Gumpendorferstrasse 139
l) Rudolf Hospel / Sohreib- und Speilwaren, / Berlin Dunckerstr. 8

Presumably each set of 48 stamps was printed with a different company, so there are literally hundreds of stamps to collect. Hope that helps shed some light on these cinderellas.
Edited by CindyCan2 - 04/13/2022 02:08 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35507 Posts
Posted 04/13/2022   01:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar Of The Community
United States
672 Posts
Posted 04/13/2022   07:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add classic_paper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have (see below for that story) this 2" x 3 15/16ths" multi-color cinderella about which I know little
:
Glad this was solved, especially in such thorough fashion.
I'd suggest to everyone who may read this, to strongly consider posting measurements in mm, instead of inches. Only three countries still officially use Imperial, so you either lock out or inconvenience about 6.5 billion people (and potential respondents) when you use it instead of metric. I guess maybe Imperial makes sense for older US issues, beyond that I can't think of a good argument to use it. My two cents.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
6461 Posts
Posted 04/13/2022   08:00 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Imperial weights and measures are still widely used in the UK, and not just by grumpy old men like me.
Valued Member
157 Posts
Posted 04/13/2022   3:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CindyCan2 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are a few more examples. I'm particular to the "Canada" stamps.

Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 587Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05