Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Russian Invasion Of Ukraine And Philately

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 44 / Views: 2,984Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar Of The Community
France
2267 Posts
Posted 06/02/2022   02:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"Spain with Ukraine" (May 30)
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Ukraine
34 Posts
Posted 06/11/2022   04:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add svetlana_odessa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
On the 10th of June in Odessa central office of "Ukrpochta" was a ceremonial cancellation of the stamp "Assol is not the same anymore". Special cancellation of a new postage stamp was dedicated to the Russian-Ukrainian war and was carried out jointly by the directorates of two branches of "Ukrposhta": Mykolaiv and Odessa.
The stamp "Assol is not the same anymore" depicts the work of the Odessa artist-caricaturist Viktor Dzhevaga.
"The stamp symbolizes an ordinary Ukrainian woman who lived, developed, and made plans for the future, but the war changed the girl's life and plans," said Dzhevaga.
The stamps and the envelopes are of the very limited issue (105 blocks and about 200 envelopes) and are sold exclusively at the scheduled exhibitions. The main goal of these exhibitions is to raise funds for the hospital in Mykolayiv. Mykolayiv is currently a front-line city and protects the south of Ukraine.

Pillar Of The Community
France
2267 Posts
Posted 06/23/2022   11:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"United in the Ukrainian crisis" (issued today)

Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
1667 Posts
Posted 07/01/2022   06:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
"Spain with Ukraine" (May 30)

The C-tariff is the rest-of-world tariff. Unfortunately, on 1 January of this year, Spain put Russia in the "not even rest of world" category at € 2.10.
I was sending about a dozen postcards to Russia from Spain at the beginning of June. It would have been fun to stick this stamp on those cards.

That French one will not do it either, I suppose. Later this year, I would gladly spend the € 0.84 extra to send my handful of postcards to Russia franked with those. But then I would need make-up stamps you can hardly find.

It would be interesting to see whether the cards will be delivered. Knowing the Russian post, They will still take ages to arrive but be delivered.
Valued Member
United States
54 Posts
Posted 07/07/2022   7:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stampdoc to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I received this letter from Ukraine today with the updated Russian warship stamps.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8466 Posts
Posted 07/07/2022   7:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Stampdoc - You may want to blackout your personal information.
Valued Member
93 Posts
Posted 07/10/2022   2:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add chris s to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Stampdoc - very cool postcard.

I ended up buying the W and F Russian Warship stamps from an online dealer here in the US. I see from the Ukrainian post I COULD have gotten a but cheaper than I paid but then again it seems sold out - there is no button to add it to the basket. Still even though I paid $30 for 2 stamps, I figure my case is not the worst case and the dealer saved me some headache waiting to see if I would even get them and shipping hassles. He is selling the souvenir sheet for $240 but I see sellers with much higher prices (and a few a little lower) so I think I did a little better than average.

Generally, I usually like to buy directly from the source or a vendor who has a contract to sell at the prices the issuing postal authority is offering. But once in a great while I don't (also for coins I try to NEVER do this --- so often the price falls after the hype is over). Anyway I am happy to have these as a slice of history.

Edited by chris s - 07/10/2022 3:13 pm
Valued Member
United States
54 Posts
Posted 07/11/2022   08:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stampdoc to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Chris S

If you want a letter like mine, there is a Ukrainian who is running a business sending these out. Go to Facebook and search for Roman Skabara. Send him a request via Facebook messenger. He will have you send $15 to PayPal, then you'll get a letter like this about 6 weeks later.

Bob
Valued Member
93 Posts
Posted 07/16/2022   2:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add chris s to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks very much! Will look into it. Right now I have a postcard with a messy cancel from Ukraine sent to me mid February with the 2022 definitives issued then. Keeping it despite the stamps are coming slowly off the card.

I will see if he also is interested in receiving a letter with a few US stamps.
Valued Member
Ukraine
34 Posts
Posted 07/25/2022   5:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add svetlana_odessa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Stampdoc, interesting envelope. I haven't seen envelopes with such pictorials on sale in our city. Only the grey ones that were issued by Ukrposhta.

Regarding the war-related series of stamps in Ukraine, it is already known that on the 28th-29th of July will be the new release and cancellation of stamps named "Good evening, we are from Ukraine!". The winning sketch for the stamp features the Ukrainian tractor pulling a Russian tank. There were cases when ordinary farmers took away broken or abandoned Russian military equipment and repaired it for further use thus demonstrating unbreakable resistance and resourcefulness.

If someone here collects stamped, postmarked envelopes and wants one with this stamp to be shipped on the day of issue, you may contact me. I don't mind taking a couple of orders like that guy from Lviv)

Pillar Of The Community
3629 Posts
Posted 07/25/2022   8:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jogil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a Canada semi-postal stamp for helping Ukraine.

https://www.canadapost-postescanada...-ukrainians/
Valued Member
United States
54 Posts
Posted 07/26/2022   08:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stampdoc to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Svetlana - I would be interested in receiving a letter from you with the new tractor/tank stamps on it. Email me at my junk email address and let me know how to go about it.
***READ THE RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - they are not hard to understand ***
Valued Member
Ukraine
34 Posts
Posted 07/26/2022   4:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add svetlana_odessa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Stampdoc, Hi, I have e-mailed you
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1586 Posts
Posted 08/05/2022   4:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cjpalermo1964 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I ordered the original Ukraine "Russian Warship" edition, in multiples or a mini-sheet with an order cost of about $50, from BOMARKA in Europe in April 2022 as soon as they offered the stamps on their website. I received a routine "Order received" communication, then nothing, although my card was not charged. Yesterday they sent an email saying "We just realized we didn't reply to you and we can now provide a payment link and ship you the stamps that are shown in link X," except that X showed the May 23, 2022, printing with DONE after the warship was sunk - a different product and, to me, less collectible because everyone believes these are being printed in much higher quantities. I canceled the order.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 44 / Views: 2,984Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05