Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Nothng More Than An Investment

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 38 / Views: 2,083Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2945 Posts
Posted 03/19/2022   10:06 pm  Show Profile Check eyeonwall's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add eyeonwall to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
good guess (but I was aiming for last not past - both the l & p are next to the ; key)
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1176 Posts
Posted 06/07/2022   1:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The eBay vault is now open: https://www.ecommercebytes.com/2022...ading-cards/

Messages were sent to individuals by eBay in eBay messaging with mine arriving at 10:14 AM PDT.

edited to removed errant period.
Edited by Parcelpostguy - 06/07/2022 2:18 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
607 Posts
Posted 06/07/2022   2:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jleb1979 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

When my first inverted Jenny fell out of my d****ed album and
wound up in the Hoover, well that was when I realized
I needed the eBay vault!
- Robert E. Zoellner never said

https://siegelauctions.com/lots.php...1240-lot-541
Learn More...
United States
10541 Posts
Posted 06/07/2022   2:12 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
While this might, for now, be limited to high value items; I cannot help but feel that eBay is building a 'ship form stock' foundation (ala Amazon). eBay has been pretty transparent in their desire and vision to be like Amazon. They have been moving away from used items up for auction towards listings for UPC coded buy-it-now items that ship from stock. These type listings have a lower cost per transaction, lower returns, fewer transactional disputes (read as higher profitability for eBay). I think that once they prove out the 'vault' concept, they will open this up to more and more sellers and listings.
Don
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1176 Posts
Posted 06/07/2022   2:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
While this might, for now, be limited to high value items; I cannot help but feel that eBay is building a 'ship form stock' foundation (ala Amazon). eBay has been pretty transparent in their desire and vision to be like Amazon. They have been moving away from used items up for auction towards listings for UPC coded buy-it-now items that ship from stock. These type listings have a lower cost per transaction, lower returns, fewer transactional disputes (read as higher profitability for eBay). I think that once they prove out the 'vault' concept, they will open this up to more and more sellers and listings.
Don

Pillar Of The Community
United States
963 Posts
Posted 06/07/2022   6:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mootermutt987 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with your post, Don, but we already have an Amazon. And, for the most part, it works better than eBay ever could. Yes, they are trying to emulate Amazon, but why should we flock over there when the Amazon system is already up, running, and proven? If I can find a product on both Amazon and on eBay, I am buying it on Amazon every time. If I am looking for a $5-ish stamp of a certain condition to fill a spot in my collection, of course, I will go to eBay. In the end, if they copy Amazon, what could possibly differentiate eBay from Amazon? If happy with Amazon, why go to eBay, if they are similar? eBay needs to understand their niche in the world and try to be the best they can at THAT. Trying to knock off a company that is 10 times its size (100??) is a fool's game, and we will likely simply end up with Amazon and a bunch of niche auction sites that didn't get gobbled up by eBay before they got stomped on by Amazon. Ya gotta admire their hutzpa, though.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3403 Posts
Posted 06/08/2022   06:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There is a continuous trend in the economic system to find more and more ways to get people to pay essentially lifetime regular fees for services. It could be security, software, storage (online or physical), online content, car or house warranties, etc. It used to be rent to own but seems now just to rent forever.
Al
Edited by angore - 06/08/2022 06:31 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5445 Posts
Posted 06/09/2022   11:04 am  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
As long as this remains optional, it's just something to smirk at and shrug... it's when systems like this become mandated (or seller-fulfilled shipments get penalized from a fee or visibility perspective) that this becomes a bigger problem.

Currently, virtually nothing I sell is professionally graded, so it's a moot issue.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 38 / Views: 2,083Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05