Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Who Likes To Ski/Snowboard?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 1,247Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
299 Posts
Posted 03/18/2022   4:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add ananthveerappan to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Thought there might be about a 100 stamps throughout the world on this topic. Didn't realize it falls under winter sports / Olympics and a recurring theme...

Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
299 Posts
Posted 03/18/2022   4:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ananthveerappan to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
607 Posts
Posted 03/18/2022   4:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jleb1979 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I briefly tried to entice my teenage son to stamp collecting with a a cheap sampling of stamps depicting snowboarding, at which he is relatively adept (flips and 360s and such). He said they were, "cool," but that was as far as I got. The half-dozen I'd gathered vanished into his room never to be seen again.

For starters, you might have a look at the American Topical Association lists for skiing and snowboarding. For snowboarding they list 117 at present, but for skiing they have hundreds in various divisions/categories such as cross country, downhill, aerial/mogul, etc, etc. I suspect there is significant overlap among their skiing lists.
https://americantopical.org/Checkli...opics#SPORTS and scroll down to "sports - skiing"

Since we like pictures, here is something that came to me some months ago from France and which did not vanish into my son's room. One of the new-fangled barcode things that I do not have to deal with cause my France collection cuts off in 2000... or thereabouts.

Valued Member
United States
71 Posts
Posted 03/20/2022   3:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just for fun to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, there are a lot of them.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8286 Posts
Posted 03/20/2022   3:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Russia Scott 563 Issued in 1935 for the Spartacist Games:
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
1183 Posts
Posted 03/21/2022   09:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add LaoPhil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Who Likes To Ski/Snowboard?

I think someone in Laos Philatelic Service likes very much Ski. If not, I don't know how to explain the fact they issued several different sets about ski, although skiing is not at all popular in Laos:

Edited by LaoPhil - 03/21/2022 09:25 am
Valued Member
United States
299 Posts
Posted 04/10/2022   5:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ananthveerappan to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are few more from my "A" countries:

Valued Member
United States
299 Posts
Posted 04/10/2022   5:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ananthveerappan to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Belize - Nordic Winter Olympics Sequence

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
607 Posts
Posted 04/10/2022   5:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jleb1979 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are a pair (post card and letter rate) from France, issued 27 January 1962 upon the occasion of the World Skiing Championships being held in Chamonix Fr. that February. Both were designed and engraved by Pierre Gandon.

Scott 1019 and 1020, Yvert 1326 and 1327

Edited to add that I just now realize the left hand one is very nearly SOTN of the skier hurtling downhill.
Edited by jleb1979 - 04/10/2022 5:48 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 1,247Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05