Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Photoshopped Rd159 For Sale On Hipstamp

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 41 / Views: 2,316Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar Of The Community

United States
689 Posts
Posted 03/19/2022   4:47 pm  Show Profile Check 1typesetter's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add 1typesetter to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Saw this RD159 on Hipstamp and thought that it was a pretty nice looking uncut example of this rare stamp. So I did a little googling and came up with the same stamp from a Kelleher auction.

A little photoshop magic to make it appear uncut?

There's a very faint trace of the cut cancel to the left of the vignette but would be hard to see without close inspection.

What do you think? Deceptive advertising?

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
8117 Posts
Posted 03/19/2022   5:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Does the description mention the cut cancel? If not, then very deceptive.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
461 Posts
Posted 03/19/2022   5:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add archerg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The scanning software might be autocorrecting, also the cuts would photograph better with incident light than imaged on a flatbed scanner. Maybe it's better to contact the seller first.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
8117 Posts
Posted 03/19/2022   5:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It appears to be gone now.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
689 Posts
Posted 03/19/2022   6:39 pm  Show Profile Check 1typesetter's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 1typesetter to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Still listed.....

https://www.hipstamp.com/listing/us...sed/45231088

Mo mention of a cut cancel.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7239 Posts
Posted 03/19/2022   7:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This makes me think of the fast food industry.

The Hipstamp seller's pic looks like the image of the burger you see on television. The Kelleher pic looks like the burger you unwrap.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
542 Posts
Posted 03/19/2022   7:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Plateflaw to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting. Listed by "Rosenberg Philatelics". Is that the personal store for the owner of HipStamp?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
8117 Posts
Posted 03/19/2022   7:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting; when I looked by specific title and catalog number it did not come up.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4046 Posts
Posted 03/19/2022   7:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Cuts are still there, though very, very difficult to see. Here I have put lines around one of them. A very deceptive listing, IMO.
Learn More...
United States
10729 Posts
Posted 03/19/2022   7:30 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Listed by "Rosenberg Philatelics". Is that the personal store for the owner of HipStamp?

Yes.
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
36223 Posts
Posted 03/19/2022   7:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The Hipstamp seller's pic looks like the image of the burger you see on television. The Kelleher pic looks like the burger you unwrap.

Marvelous analogy

Reminds me of the film "Take me home" when Sam Jaeger attempts to get a photography position.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1726 Posts
Posted 03/19/2022   8:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add James Drummond to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
For future collector's reference.

Jim

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1726 Posts
Posted 03/19/2022   8:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add James Drummond to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Same seller seems to have missed the apparent staple holes on either side of Washington on this item.

Jim

https://www.hipstamp.com/listing/us...-hr/45231086

Valued Member
Canada
201 Posts
Posted 03/19/2022   10:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mirman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Seems that seller thinks that if you can see it, there's no need to mention it in the description? I really like the burger analogy for the top stamp.
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
36223 Posts
Posted 03/20/2022   02:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Reminds me of the film "Take me home" when Sam Jaeger attempts to get a photography position.

"Your'e a photo journalist, you take photos of trees and mountains, and homeless people, stick with that"
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5496 Posts
Posted 03/20/2022   06:17 am  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That seller unethical? Shocked, I tell you... shocked.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 41 / Views: 2,316Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05