Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Postcard Ww 2, Melilla To Russian Front, Division Azul, With Charity Tax Stamp

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 862Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Spain
354 Posts
Posted 05/19/2022   04:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Roberto59 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello.
I thought I already wrote it.
The penultimate line ahead is Russian Front = Frente Ruso
From behind, below everything, up Spain! = ¡Arriba España!
Regards.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
204 Posts
Posted 05/19/2022   04:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jossanders52 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Roberto, thanks a lot. I will correct in the final version I will make this weekend
Valued Member
United States
204 Posts
Posted 05/19/2022   04:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jossanders52 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Roberto, do you think this card is rare or special?
Valued Member
Spain
354 Posts
Posted 05/19/2022   4:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Roberto59 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello.
My knowledge about the correspondence about the Blue Division is very brief, I have seen many letters from the front to relatives in Spain and in the opposite direction, but it seems strange to me that someone injured there is sent to Spain to recover, especially considering that the first battle of the Blue Division was that of Krasny Bor, not a month before the date on the card.
I have many doubts, but maybe he was injured on the way or the German training camps or other abnormal circumstances.
Regards.
Valued Member
United States
204 Posts
Posted 05/19/2022   11:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jossanders52 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Roberto

The eagerness to go back to the front indicates to me that The sender of the card not really experienced the hell in the front lines. So it could easy be possible that he was wounded during training in Germany or during transport.
Anyhow for me the card was a good chance to learn more about the Division Azul and its history/
Also were these Spanish soldiers really volunteers or were they pressed into being volunteer?
Pillar Of The Community
2246 Posts
Posted 05/20/2022   02:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not being an expert on the subject, but having read and heared about, I would rather say that, some were actual volunteer (hard line phalanagists/ fascists) encouraged by Franco to get rid of somewhat potentially troublesome people; other were people having fought on the defeated Republican army, that were told that going to Russia will "clean their file", there were people with relatives in prison (or with a death sentence) for being on the lossing side on the recent Spanish civil war that enlisted under the promise of a better treatment for their famlly. To end, a history that someone told me many years ago: while undergoing hardship on military service on Spanish North Africa, some one came with the promise of a better situation if the guys volunteered for "another post". Some "took the chance", and were sent to Russia...
Valued Member
Spain
354 Posts
Posted 05/20/2022   08:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Roberto59 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello.
As Cursus says, there was everything, volunteers, forced and deceived.
There were also 75 communists who changed sides at the first opportunity.
Regards.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 862Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05