Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Poster Stamp From Great Britain Or Australia?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 440Next Topic  
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
96 Posts
Posted 04/07/2022   09:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add rascal to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Found this stamp pasted to the advertising pages of an old Lincoln stamp album that I'm taking apart. The original owner was from Great Britain and wrote 1918 on top of the page. The rest of the page was filled with World War I War Bond fund poster stamps from Australia. I would appreciate any information About this label. Thank you.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
6459 Posts
Posted 04/07/2022   10:19 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"Second Sunday after Trinity". Possibly a Sunday School sticker.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1737 Posts
Posted 04/07/2022   11:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 22crows to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have a similar sticker in the front of a bible that I inherited from my grandmother and aunt.
11th S. a. Trin - 11th Sunday after Trinity. Life everlasting.
Main figure an angel.
Edited by 22crows - 04/07/2022 11:02 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1711 Posts
Posted 04/07/2022   11:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add James Drummond to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rascal,

Your stamp is from Church Art Stamp Album, by Home Words Publications, published in 1914, from London, England.

It is part of the 89 stamps that made up Series 1 of this line of albums.

Here are some stamps before and after yours, and some other miscellaneous stamps that went in the same album.

Basically, children received a stamp whenever they attended Sunday school and at other times, and they placed them into albums designed for this purpose. A complete album meant that they had perfect attendance during the year.

Jim
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
96 Posts
Posted 04/07/2022   2:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rascal to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for great replies. I really appreciate it. And now I have enough information to make a special page just for my one label.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35484 Posts
Posted 04/07/2022   4:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I recall getting similar stamps, when I was a young choirboy. (England)

Here is my edition of "The Church Art Stamp Album"
Differing style labels
Edited by rod222 - 04/07/2022 4:50 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 440Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05