Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

US Postal Agency In China Quick Flip From Siegel To Paradise Auctions

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 27 / Views: 1,076Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8295 Posts
Posted 04/13/2022   8:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
So, I emailed Paradise and asked if they were aware of their lots being listed by Hiplatelics. The response from Tor Bjork is:

Quote:
Yes, I am. They are listed by our affiliate in Texas. Virtually all of our lots will now be offered parallel between our sales and eBay.

$1800 at Siegel, $3000 at Paradise and $3750 at Hiplatelics.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Learn More...
United States
10538 Posts
Posted 04/13/2022   8:51 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Birds of a feather...
Don
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
511 Posts
Posted 04/13/2022   8:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mml1942 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Capitalism is great!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2941 Posts
Posted 04/14/2022   7:22 pm  Show Profile Check eyeonwall's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add eyeonwall to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That makes one less auction to consider.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8295 Posts
Posted 04/15/2022   08:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
That makes one less auction to consider.

That is exactly what I told Tor Bjork and he essentially replied "who cares". I never understand the attitude but it means more money for other sellers. Paradise is a strange bird anyway with high prices and a selection of material that you can find just about anywhere. If they wanted to peddle their goods on eBay why not just do so directly? Makes no sense.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1634 Posts
Posted 04/15/2022   10:02 am  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A couple years ago before Paradise started doing live auctions I saw a collection I wanted. I waited until 5 seconds before it closed for bidding on SAN and I put in the high bid. After a couple days with no Invoice for my collection I called them. They had no idea who I was or what I was talking about. They told me that all their regular bidders bid over the telephone and SAN was just "advertising".

That was it for me!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1166 Posts
Posted 04/15/2022   11:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
That was it for me!

Yes, I too would drop SAN for making me think I was actually placing bids. Third party companies can be a problem.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1634 Posts
Posted 04/15/2022   2:34 pm  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't blame SAN at all, they have no control of the auction firms practices. SAN is a huge part of my business.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7936 Posts
Posted 04/15/2022   8:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
They told me that all their regular bidders bid over the telephone and SAN was just "advertising".

To me, that sounds like false advertising. It's on an auction site and looks like an auction. Bids can be made. To then tell you they do not count????
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1166 Posts
Posted 04/15/2022   9:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
To me, that sounds like false advertising. It's on an auction site and looks like an auction. Bids can be made. To then tell you they do not count????

I see SAN as no different than an auction agent. It is SAN's responsibility to get the bids to the auction firm if they are going to accept proxy bids on my behalf and in this case, do so by phone. Other wise to me, SAN is just padding their service coverage with one more company name without actually providing service for clients of the company.

SAN is trying to monetize and the more companies it can claim in its corral the better it looks.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7936 Posts
Posted 04/15/2022   9:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I see SAN as no different than an auction agent.

But if you give a bid to an agent, that agent is obligated to deliver it to the auction house. It might not win, and the agent might well have other bids for the same item, but he does have to deliver those bids.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8295 Posts
Posted 04/16/2022   08:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Talk about thin skinned. I just noticed that Paradise changed my bidding status with them on SAN from approved to not approved after my email exchange with Tor.

The SAN equipment of eBay blocking. Utterly hilarious and childishly pathetic at the same time.

What will I do now?!

Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 27 / Views: 1,076Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05