Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Large Collection, Need Help - Can Send Pics

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 35 / Views: 1,788Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
111 Posts
Posted 05/07/2022   5:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tsmatx to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just one photo of all the albums (spines) would help tremendously. What we saw so far is a few pages of Minkus WW album. Not clear what the rest is. It might be a 30 volume Minkus collection. It might be an accumulation of WW albums. It might be a collection with some specialized albums and some WW albums. Seeing what albums are there, would give a much better idea of the scope of the collection, and people would know where to look for value in which parts of which albums.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
18 Posts
Posted 05/07/2022   8:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dbrite111 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone, really appreciate all the help. I am going to do what you suggested, I will be posting addition pics shortly: it's overwhelming given the collection size but now know it's crucial to get proper direction
Valued Member
United States
124 Posts
Posted 05/08/2022   07:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add paulsonja to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Most of the time (but not always) value can be determined by the first pages of each country. It may be helpful to post pictures of the first couple of pages of some of the albums that appear to have the most stamps in the early sections. Great Britain, US, France are a good place to start. If they collected Asia, early China/Japan, etc. If there's a country or a specialized album that has a lot of stamps, take a few pictures of that. Do they have Cape of Good Hope triangle stamps in the world wide album (that would indicate it's a decent world wide collection in my opinion).

If you looked at my collection, for example, you would see some blue albums, some green albums, a maroon album, a bunch of smaller thinner colored albums, and a bunch of boxes with what looks like a disorganized mess. If I took pictures of the first pages of the countries with the most stamps in the blue and green albums and looked through the rest of the albums for either certificates or for anything that looked organized by country or topic and took a few pictures of that, you could have a reasonably accurate picture of my collection.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8300 Posts
Posted 05/08/2022   07:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My take is that whenever you see album pages that have CTO Hungary in incomplete sets and the 1970's US is used with incomplete sets it does not bode well in general for having a high end collection. Just being honest. Quantity can save the day though if you want to attract a buyer looking for album numbers to tout.
Valued Member
United States
364 Posts
Posted 05/17/2022   12:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add landoquakes to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Agree with the others here about more photos the better. Start with the earliest pages of the US section first, that will tell much of the tale. Even seeing the spines of all of them will give folks here an idea what kinds of albums were purchased.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 35 / Views: 1,788Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05