Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Blocked By Ebay - Now What?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 1,082Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
United States
623 Posts
Posted 05/10/2022   2:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add centerstage98 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Got a message from eBay that suspicious activity prompted them to block
my page. I believe this to be true as my Facebook page was hacked (and not impossible to access) and I had a similar situation with PayPal.

I managed to create a new sign-on for PayPal but having an awful time with eBay.

When I sign on it just takes me a nearly vacant eBay page; just a place to sign in. Try to sign in with old password. When I try signing in - it says for "security reasons" my account has been temporarily bocked. .. . and to crate a new password - but there appears to be no way to properly create a password.

Message 1: For your security, we've temporarily locked your account. Please reset your password to sign in to your account.

Click on the link to create a new password - try to do so and it goes back to first message. (The create new password doesn;t have the usual "create password" then "retype password" option.

Any thoughts?

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
4614 Posts
Posted 05/10/2022   2:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Talk directly to an eBay customer service representative. There is little reason to take any other path.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2658 Posts
Posted 05/10/2022   2:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I had this issue the other day. For security reasons they forced me to change my password, but the change password/login page was an infinite loop. Turns out it was a browser-specific problem. What browser are you using? I was having trouble with Chrome, but it worked with Firefox.
Presenting the GermanStamps.net Collection - Germany, Colonies, & Occupied Territories, 1872-1945
Pillar Of The Community
United States
623 Posts
Posted 05/10/2022   3:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add centerstage98 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting PostmasterGS. I posted here the other day that I am having trouble with Firefox; but Chrome was working. This issue has popped up on both. I cannot even get to an eBay main page - it just takes me to that loopy sign-in page .. and if I search eBay customer service via Google, that link still takes me to the bare-bones non-working sign-on page.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
49 Posts
Posted 05/10/2022   3:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Chesham85 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Did you try to access eBay from an email (message) you received. If so you are probably a victim of a phishing attack. Importantly if this is the case then the quicker that you access eBay yourself and reset passwords etc the better.

If not and you are trying to access eBay.com directly from your browser then agree with the other posters that you should call eBay support.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
49 Posts
Posted 05/10/2022   3:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Chesham85 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
One further detail that I neglected to take into account on my previous message. When you are trying to access eBay service via Google you are taken to the same "loopy" bare-bones sign on page. This is because you have already compromised your eBay access.

A help desk would tell you to access your eBay account from another device trying to signon after your directly type in eBay's address but I suspect it is already too late for that.

As John Becker response states "Talk directly to an eBay customer service representative. There is little reason to take any other path.". You should do this immediately.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
623 Posts
Posted 05/10/2022   4:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add centerstage98 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks again ... I was hopefully able to see a proper number via a third-party source on internet because I can get nothing via an actual click onto eBay at this point ..
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
49 Posts
Posted 05/10/2022   4:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Chesham85 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This is from eBay's support page:

https://www.ebay.com/help/account/d...bbf160512cdf

"Contact eBay

If you can't find the information you need in our Help articles, and would like to get in touch with us, we're here to help.

We've changed the way you get help from eBay. Our 1-866-540-3229 phone number is no longer in service, and 1-866-961-9253 is now a dedicated line for customers who may have experienced fraud on their account. If your query is not related to fraudulent activity, our experts on this line won't be able to help you."

Never take any information from a third party source, even a phone number" if any fraud/hacking is suspected. Remember if you already have "answered" a phishing mail any answer including searches until the issue is resolved should be considered suspect.

eBay states on their website to not trust any Email's purporting to come from them unless you first check that the same message is in your account's message page.
Edited by Chesham85 - 05/10/2022 4:26 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
623 Posts
Posted 05/10/2022   5:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add centerstage98 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you greatly, Chesham85 (clicking on the link does not get me there - but hopefully that phone number will work.)
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
49 Posts
Posted 05/10/2022   5:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Chesham85 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I tried the link on two other devices so it should be good. It is another reason to suspect that you may have compromised your device. Good luck with eBay. Once they have resolved your issue with the, I wouldn't trust your device again until a professional has looked at it as it may have residual issues. The phishing code only takes one click to compromise the whole PC and it is incredibly easy to create a program to do this. eBay gives examples of phishing emails and how to avoid.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
623 Posts
Posted 05/11/2022   5:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add centerstage98 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I called the number listed by Chesham85. Connected to an agent; had a few blips in the process but after 18 minutes total was able to re-establish my eBay account, though only on 1 server. Firefox still not working.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
49 Posts
Posted 05/11/2022   6:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Chesham85 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That is great news. Regarding your Firefox install, try clearing the browser history and cache. I am still concerned that your device may be compromised so I dont think that you should ignore the Firefox issue.

Perhaps some other techies out there have better suggestions
Edited by Chesham85 - 05/11/2022 8:58 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
623 Posts
Posted 05/13/2022   12:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add centerstage98 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, all! I do have one problem with the retrieved eBay account - now it is showing all amounts as Canadian funds. I am in the U.S. and most of my fav sellers are U.S. Any idea how to change it to U.S. funds? Looked under settings and found nothing. ALL the sales amounts (most from US buyers) are coming up with a big C there. I have never lived or registered in Canada.

Wait a sec ... now I know how this happened. The eBay agent was able to retrieve my account by registered through the Canadian site. Does this mean I cannot change this back to US funds????
Pillar Of The Community
United States
623 Posts
Posted 05/13/2022   12:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add centerstage98 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Actually - as I was searching for answer - I found a site that helped - I was quite nervous to "click on it" but I did it and it immediately changed my eBay serarches from Canadian to US dollars; it has the same option to convert from US to Canadian ...

https://www.elftronix.com/why-is-eb...-pay-either/

Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 1,082Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05