Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Germany: Cancellation Premium.

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 24
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
28412 Posts
Posted 11/02/2018   11:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Awkward little label, came in with Bulgaria stamps.
East Germany, part of pair 1962 Georgi Dimitroff / Dimitrov.

Sc#610 label.
Exists in tryptych form, in between 2 stamps ( se tenant)

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by rod222 - 11/02/2018 11:10 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2130 Posts
Posted 11/02/2018   11:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod,

For reference, here's what the full sheet layout of the Dimitroff stamp looks like. Michel 893 and 894 from 1962.
Presenting the GermanStamps.net Collection - Germany, Colonies, & Occupied Territories, 1872-1945
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
28412 Posts
Posted 11/03/2018   01:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Postmaster.
Nice. Ergo, we should see increasing numbers of those labels, B.o.b.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3503 Posts
Posted 11/06/2018   6:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This cancellation had stumped me for quite some time. With the letters I could make out, it appeared to be "URZZUSCHLA". So, it looked like maybe some village in western Poland.

Today, I typed those letters into a Google search, and lo and behold, one of the items found was a document with the name Muerzzuschlag on it. The next Google search was that name, and Muerzzuschlag, in eastern Austria was the answer.

Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
28412 Posts
Posted 11/06/2018   9:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations Bob.
Postmark collecting and ID, can visit both extremes of delight and frustration.
It's great when you crack them.
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2130 Posts
Posted 11/06/2018   9:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod,

Received the Hamburg-Mexico gift today. Looks great!

I should have the WWI Occupation of Belgium package in the mail to you later this week.
Presenting the GermanStamps.net Collection - Germany, Colonies, & Occupied Territories, 1872-1945
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
28412 Posts
Posted 11/06/2018   11:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Postmaster,
what a knockout!
You really are a master craftsman of the Album Page.
Just beautiful stuff.
I am pleased to be able to contribute to an amazing collection.

PS: The postcard shows the ship with extensive Flag Language, it would have been fascinating to know what the ship was saying, possibly her maiden voyage.

Edited by rod222 - 11/06/2018 11:28 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
28412 Posts
Posted 11/13/2018   12:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

(A little worse for wear)
Sc#B258 1944 German Kettenkraftrad HK 101 half-track motorcycle.

I couldn't figure out why the back wheels

Finally solved... a tiny trailer.

https://www.websta.one/media/BicIWRdhw5X
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
28412 Posts
Posted 11/13/2018   01:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Unknown.
Automatenmarken Circa 2003
Both my Michel and LG Kattalog ATM Welt, end 1999

Looks like Klusendorf.

Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
28412 Posts
Posted 11/13/2018   03:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Above sorted.
Michel #5 2002

Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
575 Posts
Posted 11/14/2018   07:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Johan Buvelot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A few nice cancels from the Munchen Riem horse races from 1943 and 1944. both on cover.

Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
28412 Posts
Posted 11/18/2018   05:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Germany: Seaman's Home. (Cinderellas)
Come as perforated, these vary badly cut by scissors.
I was outbid at $5....Sold $5.62

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3503 Posts
Posted 11/18/2018   11:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Michel Deutschland-Spezial Katalog mentions these two "carton paper variety" fakes. They are privately perforated and gummed postal stationery cutouts.

Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
28412 Posts
Posted 11/18/2018   1:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting, Bob.
Can they be "fakes" if they are mutilated postal stationery ?
I faintly recall other countries where cut postal stationery was valid.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3503 Posts
Posted 11/18/2018   3:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod, I believe that these were created to fool/defraud stamp collectors, but not to defraud Deutsche Post. The gumming and perforating are well executed. A few years earlier, during the chaotic inflationary period, there were some genuine carton paper varieties printed. These are listed and priced by Michel.

Michel does not describe these stationery cutouts as forgeries, nor do they use their symbols ("forgery to the detriment of collectors" or "forgeries to the detriment of the post office") in their brief descriptions.
Page: of 24 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 3.11 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05