Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Germany: Cancellation Premium.

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 411 / Views: 56,258Next Topic
Page: of 28
Valued Member
Romania
264 Posts
Posted 10/23/2020   1:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cupram to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much PostmasterGS.
With the complete information provided by you I searched again on "stampsx" but I gave up. I did not manage, with all the name permutations in the various search windows, to find an cancellation like mine. The only close result (search "bahnpost" in the orstname window) of the 3656 displayed is the one with position 3012, but with a different graph .(NEUNK-LDWDH is not written in line but in round).
Is there a cancellation like mine on "stampsx"?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2313 Posts
Posted 10/23/2020   6:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There isn't a similar example on StampsX.

Here's a page from Katalog der unter Deutscher Postverwaltung verwendeten Bahnpoststempel mit Streckenangabe 2010. The catalog lists your cancel as a variant of the 5.5.3.1. style cancel -- bottom text in a horizontal line, 4 rows of text at the bottom, "K.B." removed.
Presenting the GermanStamps.net Collection - Germany, Colonies, & Occupied Territories, 1872-1945
Valued Member
Romania
264 Posts
Posted 10/26/2020   04:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cupram to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
PostmasterGS
Sorry for the delay in thanking you for your answer.
In recent days I have tried to find a more efficient way to search for cancellations on "stampsx" and "philastempel"
I came to the conclusion (wrong or not?) that on "stampsx" without the full name of the city / railway route is very difficult (for those unfamiliar with German it is very difficult when they have a partial name or an abbreviation of the city name)
The advantage of "philastempel" is that you can enter only one group of letters in the search and it displays all the cancellations for the cities that contain this group of letters. The search supposes the visualization of tens / hundreds of variants.
I also read the whole topic "German premium cancellation" and the conclusion is that without catalogs and specialized works it is very difficult to identify (only with online resources) German cancellations.
That's why I have 2 questions to which the answers can help me in my future searches:
1. Does the ZUG number uniquely identify a route? Is there a correspondence on the net between the ZUG number and the names of the cities?
2. Is the abbreviation of the names of the cities in the route the same or can it vary depending on the space intended in the cancellation?
Thank you again,PostmasterGS.
George
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2313 Posts
Posted 10/26/2020   05:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
George,

You can search for partial text on StampsX. Put the text in the blank entitled "Exakter Text im Stempelgerät oder exakte Teile davon".

When I identify cancellations, I usually find them on StampsX first. I do own catalogs for several German areas -- German Commemorative Cancels, German Colonies and Post Offices Abroad, German Railroads, Ship Post, and a few of the occupation areas -- but it's usually easier to find them on StampsX if there's only a partial cancel, then use the information from StampsX to find them in the catalog.

The ZUG number is the train number. Most routes have more than one ZUG, and it's not really possible to identify a route by a ZUG number since the ZUG numbers aren't unique (for example, almost every route had a "ZUG 1" and "ZUG 2").

The abbreviation (or lack thereof) can vary based upon the space in the cancel. For example, here is the catalog listing that contains your cancel. It lists multiple ways in which Neuenkirchen is abbreviated.

Presenting the GermanStamps.net Collection - Germany, Colonies, & Occupied Territories, 1872-1945
Valued Member
Romania
264 Posts
Posted 10/26/2020   05:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cupram to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent information for search on "stampsx"
I will try it and I think it is a great improvement in search efficiency.
Can there be a train number on one route and the same number on another route?
Thank you again.
Valued Member
Romania
264 Posts
Posted 10/26/2020   05:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cupram to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Excuse me, you actually answered my question.
Page: of 28 Previous TopicReplies: 411 / Views: 56,258Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.32 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05