Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Germany: Cancellation Premium.

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 24
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2130 Posts
Posted 10/05/2016   7:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Translates as "Use the pneumatic mail".

Remaining note in Bochmann is a description of the design -- On the left and right of the first and third row a bar of short, thick hatching strokes.

Yours is O 17 / c. The "A" next to the listing denotes that the circular cancel is on the right of the slogan.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Presenting the GermanStamps.net Collection - Germany, Colonies, & Occupied Territories, 1872-1945
Edited by PostmasterGS - 10/05/2016 7:20 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
28412 Posts
Posted 10/05/2016   7:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Marvelous work, thanks Postmaster
I'll give you a rest for a week or so........

Coming up..Pyritz (Poland) part pictormark on a Hindenberg issue.

Edited by rod222 - 10/05/2016 7:50 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2130 Posts
Posted 10/05/2016   8:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
No need to give me a rest. This is fun!
Presenting the GermanStamps.net Collection - Germany, Colonies, & Occupied Territories, 1872-1945
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
28412 Posts
Posted 10/05/2016   8:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

"Philaspeak"
How to impress your philatelic friends, as you flip through the approvals book.........

"Oh look, there is a Bochmann Nurnberg 54"

Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
28412 Posts
Posted 10/05/2016   9:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
1934 Sc#416 3 pfennig Hindenburg Olive Bistre
Part Pictormark Postmark.
Pyritz Poland 18th July 1939

One could assume the stamp was placed upside down on the cover.

eBay image.

Edited by rod222 - 10/05/2016 9:04 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
28412 Posts
Posted 10/05/2016   9:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Last one for the week.
Hope I am not duplicating, did I give you Reichelsheim before ?

Unusual Rhomboid Postmark.
(I miss spelt Odenwald)

Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2130 Posts
Posted 10/05/2016   9:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's the Pyritz listing:

Translates as "Weizacker (a name for the region) / Tree Blossom / Medieval Fortifications".

"Torturm" in the listing translates as "gate tower".

There's not a pictorial example in Bochmann, but here's one from elsewhere on the Internet.

Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2130 Posts
Posted 10/05/2016   9:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Reichelsheim cancel is a standard rectangular postmark of the period.

It was used in the late 1870s and early 1880s. I can't read the full date, but the year on yours is 1881.
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
28412 Posts
Posted 10/09/2016   12:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Postmaster.

Postmaster / members.
Scott 166 Wmk Lozenges

Are these known shades, or damaged stamps affected by light?

Red Orange
Yellow Orange
Lemon Orange.

Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2130 Posts
Posted 10/09/2016   10:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod,

A little of both. Michel lists the color of this issue as "rotorange bis gelblichrot", or red-orange to yellowish red.

When they give a range like that, it generally means one of two things: (1) the color changes were due to variations in the ink over time which were so subtle as to make demarcating distinct color changes virtually impossible (as opposed to a dramatic change between print runs); or (2) the ink used was prone to fading, so all stamps were an identical color at the time of printing (thus warranting only 1 catalog number), but known to be subject to fading.
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
28412 Posts
Posted 10/09/2016   12:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent.
It seems I have the range, so I'll add them to the page with your description.
Once again, thank you.
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
28412 Posts
Posted 10/09/2016   12:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is an oddity for TSF members interest.
With due appreciation to Mr. Ryan Davenport for discovering it, and I found a complete one in my collection.

East Germany Registration Label (Stamp?) 50 pfennig.

Seen at auction with a reserve of $80

Borek Katalogue 1970

May we have translation of the 2 types of paper, please?

Edited by rod222 - 10/09/2016 12:37 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6670 Posts
Posted 10/09/2016   12:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod, the first one is thick white paper. I will edit if I find the second one!
Pergamin papier translates to different things. I saw parchment paper and also glassine! In one example it was used as in-between pages in a photo album

Peter
Edited by Petert4522 - 10/09/2016 12:44 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
28412 Posts
Posted 10/09/2016   1:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Peter,
I think that explains it.
Pergamin would then explain glassine in my context.

German Registration Labels come in 2 forms, paper and glassine,
the Glassine style were always from DDR East Germany, in my experience.
very light, translucent etc etc

Both Germanys were in red with lozenge type borders.

The Pergamin paper stands out in the middle of this page
Kothen in lake colour.

Edited by rod222 - 10/09/2016 1:15 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2130 Posts
Posted 10/09/2016   1:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod,

One small correction on your MiNr 2 C registered label. Your caption states it's MiNr 2 C 61-5, but it should be 65-1 (you have it correct earlier in the caption).

The one with a reserve of $80 is from a rare post office (61-5), with a high CV of 50. Unfortunately, the catalog value for your 65-1 is only 2 MNH.

Regardless, it's a nice piece.
Page: of 24 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 2.73 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05