Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Germany: Cancellation Premium.

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 494 / Views: 65,375Next Topic
Page: of 33
Pillar Of The Community
1043 Posts
Posted 09/08/2021   10:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
http://goscf.com/t/8094&whichpage=32#698966

Cupram,

That might be the (24a) Hamburg 50 / Rathausmarkt hand cancellation.

https://www.stampsx.com/ratgeber/st...suche_typ=D2

Have you considered the handstamp may have been applied in addition to the machine cancellation? Maybe the strike of the machine cancellation missed the item and a clerk applied the handstamp. The wavy lines appear to infringe upon the office name at the bottom.

It appears to be at a 90-degree angle to the wavy lines. Also strange, but you are more versed in German cancellations than I am.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by NSK - 09/08/2021 11:11 am
Pillar Of The Community
1043 Posts
Posted 09/08/2021   10:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
http://goscf.com/t/8094&whichpage=32#707264

Bookbndrbob,

Your cancellation is mentioned as a handstamp used by the post office at Lörrach 1.

https://www.stampsx.com/ratgeber/st...ch+entwertet

More information at the top of the following page.

https://www.philaforum.com/forum/us...ki/?pageNo=5

No TPO. Not really Lörrach.

Used at Basel Badischer Bahnhof exchange office (Literally: Basel, Train Station of Baden; Baden being the part of Germany bordering Basel), located at a German train station in Switzerland. This was the exchange office for mail between Germany and Switzerland. The "nachträglich entwertet" may indicate an internal use at the office. The office at this station was subordinated to the Lörrach 1 post office in Germany.
Edited by NSK - 09/08/2021 11:00 am
Valued Member
Romania
423 Posts
Posted 09/08/2021   11:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cupram to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much NSK.
The identification is correct.I also received another reply with reference to "Philastempel Datenbank" with the image of the complete obliteration.
Stamps with these high values were used for parcels and because of the irregular surfaces this type of manual roller cancellation was used.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
6303 Posts
Posted 09/08/2021   12:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks NSK! An interesting postmark, imo.
Pillar Of The Community
1043 Posts
Posted 09/08/2021   1:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice postmark Bookbndrbob, I just realised I must have passed through the station on 29 December 2018. I went to Freiburg im Breisgau. Its EuroAirport is that of Basle. I took a bus to Basel (SBB) and an intercity train from there to Freiburg. The only stop en route is the Basel Badischer Bahnhof.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
6303 Posts
Posted 09/24/2021   1:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This July 16, 1929 "drucksache"/printed matter cover was probably prepared by stamp collector Erwin Strasser to obtain the special cancellation of Neu-Ulm, Bavaria. Special cancels of Germany through the 1930's have mostly survived as clippings, and the envelope paper is usually not as good as with this one.

The cancellation inscription reads "Koehls Heimat" / Koehl's home, and refers to aviator Hermann Koehl. From wikipedia, "Hermann Koehl (1888-1938) was a German aviation pioneer and pilot of the first transatlantic flight by a fixed-wing aircraft from East to West." This was accomplished beginning on April 12, 1928.

Julius Bochmann's Katalog der Deutschen Sonderstempel (Catalog of Special Cancellations of Germany, 1936) lists this hand cancel as being used in 1928, 1929 and 1930.

Valued Member
Serbia (Srbija)
238 Posts
Posted 10/02/2021   1:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Makanudo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello everyone!

I am glad to see this topic is active as I need some help identifying this 1936(airmail?military?)cancel. I do not have right catalogue for this subject and I cannot even read all the letters in the bottom part of the cancel. If I was able to read the print properly I might have been able to search in the right places.
It would be great if someone could shed some light on this cancel.

Thanks!

Pillar Of The Community
1043 Posts
Posted 10/02/2021   1:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
HILDBUR(GHAUS)EN
Thüring.(ische) Staat.(liche) Ingenieursch(ule)
Edited by NSK - 10/02/2021 1:21 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1192 Posts
Posted 10/02/2021   1:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool cancel! The inscription appears to read "Thüring. staatl. Ingenieurschule" (Thüringische staatliche Ingenieurschule = Thuringian State Engineering School). Hope this helps!
Valued Member
Serbia (Srbija)
238 Posts
Posted 10/02/2021   1:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Makanudo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you NSK and Erilaz for your prompt and precise help!
I knew that it was Hildburghausen in question as its on a period postcard with its motive, but I couldnt read what was written at the bottom.
Now that I know, I find it very unusual for a state school to have its own cancel. Does that mean that it was a boarding school and hence it had a postal office within its premises?
Pillar Of The Community
1043 Posts
Posted 10/02/2021   1:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I think that was in Erfurt. In Hildburghausen was only the Technikum.

Correction: It was the Technikum.

https://portal.dnb.de/opacPresentat...dn=968164692
Edited by NSK - 10/02/2021 2:00 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
6303 Posts
Posted 10/09/2021   5:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are two special cancellations of post-World War I Germany.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
6303 Posts
Posted 10/09/2021   5:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
And, here are two more items on the German Peace Delegation theme. First one is a postal clipping with a partial "Kronshagen bei Kiel" address, and German Peace Delegation postmark and registration label. Second item is a souvenir postcard with French Versailles Chateau pmk, German Peace Delegation pmk., and German Peace Delegation seal stamp in violet ink.

Edited by bookbndrbob - 10/09/2021 5:53 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
710 Posts
Posted 10/12/2021   07:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Johan Buvelot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
1949 Goethe series. Allied Occupation. 20 pfenning single use. 14th of August 1949

Series was officialy issued on the 15th of August 1949.

Page: of 33 Previous TopicReplies: 494 / Views: 65,375Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05