Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Germany: Cancellation Premium.

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 625 / Views: 73,844Next Topic
Page: of 42
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35190 Posts
Posted 12/14/2021   03:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Revenues and Social Insurance.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7156 Posts
Posted 12/18/2021   6:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is piece of Prussian postal stationery which has been surcharged by use of a North German Confederation one groschen rouletted stamp. The area of the surcharge was then typeset overprinted in gray with a field of tiny, "NORD DEUTSCHER POSTBEZIRK" impressions in a 28mm x 26.5mm field.

The postal envelopes were made from remainders of German States postal envelopes after the creation of the North German Confederation. They exist for some envelopes of Braunschweig, Mecklenburg-Strelitz, Oldenburg, Prussia and Saxony. Michel warns that there are many forgeries of these "use up" issues. Just about every part of them has been faked.

The envelope shown may be NGC Mi #24 or U28, depending on the length of the gum on the flap. Michel's Ganzsachen-Katalog Deutschland catalog gives no help in the listings, but warns that this feature also has been faked.

This item is a great example of how good some forgeries of German material can be, if it is a fake. I paid a few dollars for it some years ago. The NGC stamp appears genuine, the Cochstedt and receiving cancels look good, the gray overprint is very precise and clear, and the Prussian envelope appears to be correct.

Edited by bookbndrbob - 12/18/2021 6:10 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7156 Posts
Posted 12/18/2021   6:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is another North German Confederation "use up" postal envelope. This one is the nine kreuzer brown Prussian envelope surcharged with the 3 kreuzer rouletted stamp. It is Michel NGC #U47. Michel notes, "Forgeries of the U43-7 are not known."

The cancellation is old Thurn u. Taxis LICH with the 2 hollow circles. A stamp dealer's violet ownership stamp from the inside of the cover is barely discernible. It is "Briefm. Hdg. Falck, Mainz" inscribed in a rectangle (beneath the addressee's name).

Pillar Of The Community
United States
7156 Posts
Posted 01/14/2022   7:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is my oldest German stampless cover, and also the one in the best condition. It bears a BREMEN straight-line cancel of the earliest type listed by Peter Feuser's Deutsche Vorphilatelie as #431-1. This cancel's earliest use is listed as 1780. The folded letter is dated 16 April 1802. It was sent from J. C. C. Ringer to Hrn. Schroder & Schyler in Bordeaux. The addressees are vintners and they are still in the wine business. They started in 1739.

The folded letter is so fresh that it could have been written today. It is exquisite paper and obviously has been well cared for. The watermark on the paper is a large coat of arms and "L V Gerrevink. The earliest reference I can find to these papermakers is 1687.

From modernarmenianhistory.history.ucla, "...fine writing paper from Europe and particularly from the famed Dutch paper manufacturer L. V. Gerrevink in Amsterdam."

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35190 Posts
Posted 01/26/2022   11:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Germany Poster Stamps Cinderellas Seals and Lables

Edited by rod222 - 01/26/2022 11:24 pm
Pillar Of The Community
France
2217 Posts
Posted 01/27/2022   01:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rod.
The one with the caduceus is from the Netherlands.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35190 Posts
Posted 01/27/2022   01:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Whoa! that passed me by.
Thanks (as usual) Vayolene.

Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
740 Posts
Posted 01/27/2022   03:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Johan Buvelot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The one with the Caduceus is from a water management fair in Bandoeng which is the Dutch Indies.
Pillar Of The Community
France
2217 Posts
Posted 01/27/2022   04:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Kologdam Building in Bandoeng (now Bandung,Indonesia)
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35190 Posts
Posted 01/27/2022   05:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice image, I'll pop that alongside the label.

Indonesia, water management fair?
Whom would have thought?
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35190 Posts
Posted 01/27/2022   10:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Germany Poster Stamps Cinderellas Seals and Lables #2

Valued Member
297 Posts
Posted 01/29/2022   08:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hornet785 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rodd,

Beautiful! Specialy the two bavarian mourning label.

Salutations

Hornet
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35190 Posts
Posted 01/29/2022   3:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Hornet.

I did overpay vastly (In my opinion) for these,
I needed the Ottoman seals.

But I was very pleasantly surprised with the quality
of these items. I quote the oft over used term "Mint"

The mourning items are indeed attractive,
I should easily get my money back if I marketed these pages.

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35190 Posts
Posted 02/03/2022   7:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Baden Revenues.
Bavaria Railway Revenues.

Edited by rod222 - 02/03/2022 7:09 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2544 Posts
Posted 02/03/2022   9:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod,

You've got a couple interlopers on that page. The catalog listing I sent you was only for those with the overprint "Bayer. Staatseisenb." I've just emailed you the listings for the "Kgl. Bayer. Staatseisenb." overprint (30 Pf) and the Saxony one (20 Pf).
Presenting the GermanStamps.net Collection - Germany, Colonies, & Occupied Territories, 1872-1945
Edited by PostmasterGS - 02/03/2022 9:01 pm
Page: of 42 Previous TopicReplies: 625 / Views: 73,844Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05