Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Czechoslovakia - Austrian Definitives- Faserpapier

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 263Next Topic  
Valued Member

Sweden
13 Posts
Posted 05/11/2022   04:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add racines to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi!
I have already read about granite paper in a previous post and I have searched also about Czechoslovakian stamps. Still I have doubts about what "faserpapier" means in the case of Czechoslovakian stamps, specifically Austrian definitives "Imperial crown, emperor Franz Joseph, coat of arms".
There are three types of paper for these stamps, the initial one, with different colors and with "faserpapier". In the catalog (Valuable stamps of the world) I have, "faserpapier" is translated as paper with silk fibers ("granite paper").
How can I identify this "faserpapier" for this Austrian definitives?
I have some photos but the stamps do not belong to me.
Unfortunately I cannot provide better photos.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1199 Posts
Posted 05/11/2022   07:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It's pretty distinctive - this issue with the granite paper/faserpapier has many little blue silk "threads" clearly visible on both the front & back of the stamp. I can post a picture later if needed. The ones you're showing are ordinary paper. In terms of Michel numbers, the ordinary paper 4k is Mi 206 issued in 1917, faserpapier 4k is Mi 210, issued in 1919.

~Greg
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
3323 Posts
Posted 05/11/2022   08:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
Sweden
13 Posts
Posted 05/11/2022   08:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add racines to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks a lot!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5857 Posts
Posted 05/11/2022   12:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
RACINES ---- Wanted the experts to help you first . Because I am no expert ,I am just a lickem-and-stickem collector .

But since they gave you a different answer than me ,here is my pages on that stamp plus here is my take , first not sure your stamp has the correct over print ,I would have to get out my forgery collection to call it a original overprint .

Your stamp paper looks to be type II paper .

Valued Member
Sweden
13 Posts
Posted 05/12/2022   01:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add racines to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
@floortrader
Now I am confused

I must admit that I checked the paper thickness with a depth gauge and the thickness was different for different stamps. It is easy to feel the difference between different stamp papers just using the fingers. The paper looks like having some "waves" on the back side but it can be just the glue...

I have some other stamps from the same set. The paper color is different between what I though it should be faserpapier (greyish) and normal paper, the paper thickness is also different but there are no black silk threads.
I have one stamp with black threads with a different overprint (in the image below). The black threads can be easy seen both on back and front side.

Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 263Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05