Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Gilbert And Ellice Islands Stamps On Album Pages 1911-1979

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 513Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
1181 Posts
Posted 05/13/2022   11:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add LaoPhil to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
The Gilbert and Ellice Islands were a British protectorate from 1892 and colony from 1916 until 1 January 1976, when the islands were divided into two colonies which became independent nations shortly after.

A referendum was held in December 1974 to determine whether the Gilbert Islands and Ellice Islands should each have their own administration.

The Gilbert and Ellice Islands colony ceased to exist on 1 January 1976 and the separate countries of Gilbert Islands (later Kiribati) and Tuvalu came into existence.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Israel
1181 Posts
Posted 05/13/2022   11:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add LaoPhil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7949 Posts
Posted 05/13/2022   2:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very attractive pages. Did you do these yourselves?Peter
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
1181 Posts
Posted 05/14/2022   12:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add LaoPhil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Peter, thanks! yes, I create my own albums using Microsoft Publisher which I find very friendly and very easy to use. Here is a sample page of the album before I insert the stamps:
Edited by LaoPhil - 05/14/2022 12:50 am
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
1181 Posts
Posted 05/14/2022   12:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add LaoPhil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
Israel
1181 Posts
Posted 05/15/2022   1:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add LaoPhil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1075 Posts
Posted 05/15/2022   1:34 pm  Show Profile Check ray.mac's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ray.mac to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice collection, nice presentation!
Thanks for posting and sharing this with us!
Ray
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
1181 Posts
Posted 05/17/2022   06:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add LaoPhil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Nice collection, nice presentation!
Thanks for posting and sharing this with us!
Ray

Thanks you, Ray! you are welcome!

Pillar Of The Community
Israel
1181 Posts
Posted 05/19/2022   02:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add LaoPhil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
Israel
1181 Posts
Posted 05/21/2022   10:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add LaoPhil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The last pages of the Gilbert and Ellice Island Album:

The Gilbert and Ellice Islands colony ceased to exist on 1 January 1976 and the separate countries of Gilbert Islands (later Kiribati) and Tuvalu came into existence. Next pages I will post, show the stamps issued for use in Gilbert Islands (Kiribati) - 1976 - 1979
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
1181 Posts
Posted 05/24/2022   06:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add LaoPhil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The Gilbert and Ellice Islands colony ceased to exist on 1 January 1976 and the separate countries of Gilbert Islands (later Kiribati) and Tuvalu came into existence. Next pages I will post, show the stamps issued for use in Gilbert Islands (Kiribati) - 1976 - 1979

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3402 Posts
Posted 05/24/2022   06:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice.
Al
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
1181 Posts
Posted 05/27/2022   07:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add LaoPhil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Angore

Pillar Of The Community
588 Posts
Posted 05/27/2022   10:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Oracle of Delphi to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Really like these attractive pages and nice presentation of the stamps. Well done!
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
1181 Posts
Posted 05/28/2022   3:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add LaoPhil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much, Oracle of Delphi

Here are the last four pages of Gilbert Islands album:

In 1979, the Gilberts opted for independence, becoming the independent nation of Kiribati. The first set was issued by Kiribati on July 12, 1979.

I will update this thread once I have new stamps to fill my gaps.

United States
1 Posts
Posted 06/03/2022   01:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PCygni to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This is a great post.
  Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 513Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05