Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Is Ebay Down? I Get An Upstream Error?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 493Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...

United States
1622 Posts
Posted 05/13/2022   11:11 pm  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add KRelyea to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I keep getting:

upstream connect error or disconnect/reset before headers. reset reason: overflow

Anybody else having trouble?
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4571 Posts
Posted 05/13/2022   11:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
eBay was down for me but is now online
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1622 Posts
Posted 05/13/2022   11:30 pm  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I never saw eBay go down before.
Valued Member
United States
78 Posts
Posted 05/14/2022   08:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Inkmanno1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Have had various low level issues as of late on sellers side. Couldn't upload images at all a week or so ago and then *poof* all good same nite. Usually means they're doing upgrades in the bkgd in my experience.
Valued Member
United States
5 Posts
Posted 05/14/2022   10:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Awardmasters to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
eBay does not do upgrades, they only do downgrades.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3890 Posts
Posted 05/14/2022   6:13 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

And that is on a good day!
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1302 Posts
Posted 05/14/2022   11:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
And too bad they won't do downgrades on bad sellers/actors when brought to their attention.
Learn More...
United States
10445 Posts
Posted 05/15/2022   04:16 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Without eBay supporting this forum, this community probably would not exist.
Don
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5857 Posts
Posted 05/15/2022   10:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting comment . ---Puts a new light on discussing anything eBay .

Learn More...
United States
10445 Posts
Posted 05/15/2022   10:39 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Or discussing why other companies and organizations are not supporting online philatelic communities like these; investing a very small amount in marketing/networking on social media sites like this one seems to not only be extremely feasible but also a good way to make our hobby grow. For example, Hipstamp, Amos, SG, Subway, etc.
Don
Valued Member
United States
5 Posts
Posted 05/15/2022   11:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Awardmasters to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Since I am new here, perhaps I am reading more into this than appears. However, it looks like I am being asked (or reminded) that it is not nice to say anything detrimental about sites that do or could support this forum. Is this the case?
Learn More...
United States
10445 Posts
Posted 05/15/2022   11:59 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not at all. If you search the forum you will find endless numbers of threads and posts which flame eBay. For example, I myself have previously posted a number of criticisms on the eBay feedback system (and offered ways to improve but I understand it is not likely they would listen to them).

When I do post something critical of eBay, I keep in mind two things. First, many, many people here rely upon eBay for income. Second, eBay has a role in keeping this community going. Folks are welcome to accept or reject these considerations.
Don

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1622 Posts
Posted 05/15/2022   5:01 pm  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

I've been selling on eBay for 23 years and eBay has upgraded and evolved constantly. We started off settling purchases with checks and eBay recognized how awkward that was so they purchased and supported Paypal and this was just the 1st of many improvements. A modern example of eBay recognizing a problem and solving it for it's sellers is the sales tax issue that arose a couple years ago when many states insisted on collecting tax on internet sales withing their borders. Now eBay collects and settles all the sales tax and it is invisible to me. I can't imagine doing this myself. I know they charge me commission on the sales tax and that's annoying but I'd rather pay the commission than do it myself. eBay's implementation of Managed Payments was troubled but now I find it more convenient than Paypal both as a buyer and seller and I love waking up every morning to the message " eBay has sent your payout"!!

Communicating with eBay was difficult but a few years ago they invited me to join their concierge program and now I can get in touch with eBay in less than 2 minutes and have a conversation with a rep whose mission is to solve my problem. My communication with eBay is by the far the best of company I deal with.

About 15 years ago my wife retired and we decided to try and convert my stamp collecting/ebay hobby into our retirement business. It took us a few years to figure it out but for the last 10 years selling on eBay has made our retirement much more comfortable than it would be otherwise. I find eBay to be a comprehensive selling platform that is easy for a 2 man operation like my wife and I to use and most importantly brings me lots of bidders week after week.

Comments like the one above used to bother me but my customers keep bidding and the $ keep rolling in so I've learned that these comments have no impact. I would prefer that if folks that have a specific issue with eBay they explain it rather than take these non specific potshots.

Ken
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1072 Posts
Posted 05/15/2022   5:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I keep getting:

upstream connect error or disconnect/reset before headers. reset reason: overflow

Anybody else having trouble?

I started to get the same text last night and throughout the morning maybe once every 5-10 minutes. Once I hit the refresh button, I got the eBay page I was looking to see. I would not characterize it as ever being down, just slow.

EDIT: As I wrote the above, it was a bit after 2 PM PDT local time. The issue still exist in the afternoon and I will expand the non-responsive "error" message to include an eBay page related to what I am looking for but with no specific information, just a bold red text indicating the my request could not be handled at this time. Again a tap of the refresh button got me to where I was going.
Edited by Parcelpostguy - 05/15/2022 5:23 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 493Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05