Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Want Your Opinion 10A Or 11A On Cover Is It A 100j? What Would You Do With It

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 45 / Views: 1,694Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8310 Posts
Posted 05/20/2022   8:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sigh. It is not all that different. I was only pointing out a reason why the grading organizations do not grade on piece. They also cannot do a full exam without seeing the entire stamp including the back and they do not want the risk or work of removal.

Why is everything an argument. Tiring.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2487 Posts
Posted 05/22/2022   3:45 pm  Show Profile Check sinclair2010's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add sinclair2010 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have some experience with this seller. He is apt to list the stamp on eBay as a #10A, even though it is clearly an 11A. He is also apt to claim it is a 100J even if it hasn't been graded. When a buyer purchases it and complains that the item falls short of the description he is apt to insult them. Not sure how it was done in my case but when I returned an item to this guy, he managed to get it without the tracking data ever saying so. I know that he got it because he relisted the item! Yeah, I got my money... by contacting eBay and complaining that he wasn't issuing a refund, even though he clearly had received the return.
Valued Member
United States
371 Posts
Posted 05/22/2022   3:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GMC89 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sinclair are you referring to the op.Thanks m
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2487 Posts
Posted 05/22/2022   3:55 pm  Show Profile Check sinclair2010's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add sinclair2010 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes
Valued Member
United States
371 Posts
Posted 05/22/2022   4:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GMC89 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok
Puts everything into perspective.
Thanks m
Valued Member
United States
34 Posts
Posted 05/25/2022   11:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jgoody2shoes to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Sinclair, I really do not appreciate your defamation of my character! It is unfair and unfounded! The cover you are referring to was purchased from another collector that had put a plating reference number on the frontside of the cover. I CLEARLY stated in the description that I did not know if the number was accurate and I posted the best closeup pic that my scanner would allow. I did not erase the number (now I wish I had) because I thought it might aid someone in plating the stamp. I do not plate stamps, nor do I have the proper literature to do so. You purchased the cover for about $40, and upon receipt made claim that the plating was inaccurate and you wanted a refund. I did not plate the stamp nor put the number on the cover, which was also clearly stated in the description, and I made you and every other bidder aware of that fact! This cover was sold as-is and again was clearly stated that the plating was NOT verified. I did not think it was fair of you to ask for a refund since it was sold as-is. You took a gamble and it didn't turn out the way you thought it would and decided to throw your 4 year old tantrum on me for no good reason! You then ACCUSED me of misrepresenting the cover which I most certainly did not! I refunded your money, not eBay! You were acting very snobbish and quite frankly childish about the whole incident. (you would have thought he had paid $5000 for it!) Buyers that act such as yourself are why so many sellers do not like selling on eBay because it is only buyer friendly. If anyone does not believe me, simply look at my superb feedback on eBay. Seller ID jgoody2shoes. As with all sellers, over time, I have gotten a few negative or neutral feedbacks, all due to BAD buyers! Most are from buyers trying to extort me on shipping charges, one actually though I should pay HIS import duties, etc. You guys should take a little time and go over all the negative feedbacks he has left for other sellers. Almost always vindictive and hateful wording! And PLEASE notice, he did NOT leave me negative or neutral feedback! He is simply angry that I blocked him from bidding! I guess due to the fact that I recently sold a few covers he probably wanted to bid on. I have and will continue to block bidders that are caustic, demanding, threatening and/or obtuse. I DO NOT WANT THEIR BUSINESS OR THEIR MONEY! All I can say about the experience is that you were lucky sellers could no longer leave negative feedback on buyers because if someone deserved it, it was you! And now you are still trying to damage my reputation for something that was your fault! All over a single $40 item! You need to grow up and quit being so jealous and vindictive!! I blocked you as a bidder because of your childish actions and your over demanding nature! Please do not post on my articles. And I will reciprocate!
Valued Member
United States
34 Posts
Posted 05/25/2022   11:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jgoody2shoes to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sinclair, One more thing, you said "you have some experience with this seller". No, you have one experience with me. Don't act like you have several "bad buys" or experiences in dealing with me. You only had one and that is all it took for me to block you! I wonder how many other sellers have blocked you for the same reason? And then you make false accusations and try to steer others into believing that I am underhanded or something of the sort. I am NOT! You state " Not sure how it was done in my case", so you admit you don't clearly remember anything right? And how are you such an expert as to know what I am "APT" to do? I am contemplating legal action! Have a nice day!
Edited by jgoody2shoes - 05/25/2022 11:36 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8310 Posts
Posted 05/25/2022   11:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
United States
34 Posts
Posted 05/25/2022   11:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jgoody2shoes to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That's funny Rog! LOL I reported his defamation of my character. I'm sure that since he is a high and mighty "pillar of the community", it will do no good. It's a shame one must deal with this type of bunk! I thought this was a "friendly" site! He wasn't happy with a purchase, he got his money back and all was good (or so I thought). Everyone makes mistakes, (mine was not erasing that dang number!) but there seems to be such little forgiveness these days. Some just want to hold onto grudges forever it seems. How petty one must be. UGH!!
Edited by jgoody2shoes - 05/25/2022 11:54 am
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
6467 Posts
Posted 05/25/2022   11:52 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It's also funny that, in your lengthy screed, you didn't address the point of your not having refunded the buyer despite your having relisted the returned item, and eBay's having to be involved because of this.
Valued Member
United States
34 Posts
Posted 05/25/2022   11:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jgoody2shoes to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Geoff, because it wasn't true. And I did respond. If you can read where I said, " I refunded your money, not eBay!". So, I am now done with this post. Glad everyone else is right and I am wrong. Thanks to all of the nonjudgmental posters. I appreciate how you all can be so all-knowing about me! I am being totally facetious of course!
Edited by jgoody2shoes - 05/25/2022 12:02 pm
Valued Member
United States
34 Posts
Posted 05/25/2022   12:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jgoody2shoes to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just one more thing. Yes I did relist the item after he returned it. As far as the tracking was concerned, if it didn't get scanned, (which happens more often than you would think) is of no importance whatsoever. I refunded his money. What else could I have done?
Valued Member
United States
34 Posts
Posted 05/25/2022   12:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jgoody2shoes to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sinclair, you apparently don't know the rules on this site. Personal attacks are not allowed! But legal recourse is!
Valued Member
United States
371 Posts
Posted 05/25/2022   2:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GMC89 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"Me doth think he protests too much"
Shakespeare paraphrased.
Cheers mark
Learn More...
United States
10547 Posts
Posted 05/25/2022   3:14 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just to be clear, the rules say no personal attacks. A personal attack is something like 'Don is a theft'; calling out a bad financial transaction is not a personal attack.

Having buyers make informed decisions is a good thing, having the ability to present both sides of a dispute is a good thing. This thread has been educational but it is now time to move on.
Don
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 45 / Views: 1,694Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.24 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05