Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

2 Post Square Binder / Album

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 396Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
609 Posts
Posted 05/19/2022   11:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Stamps4Life to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have a bunch of these pages, Scott I think, 10" W x 11 1/2 H that I would like to put into a binder / album. Can anyone tell me what type of binder I need and where to look for a durable one? Tks.

Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
313 Posts
Posted 05/20/2022   07:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I believe that is the Scott 2 Square Post Specialty Album you would be looking to get. I have several of these.

https://www.amosadvantage.com/Store...nders/2-post

And also filler strips if needed:

https://www.amosadvantage.com/produ...ialty-binder
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by NicholasC - 05/20/2022 07:44 am
Pillar Of The Community
1077 Posts
Posted 05/20/2022   3:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DrewM to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, it's the traditional 2-post Scott Specialty binder. You can buy a brand new one, but only in 3" width, from AmosAdvantage (dot) com -- or from other sellers like Subway Stamp Shop or Potomac Supplies, and others. You can also find used ones, sometimes in other widths and often in good condition, on eBay. You can also buy blank Scott Specialty album paper to make more pages.

I see you've printed the information out on a piece of paper which you've then attached (with corner mounts) to your album page, and so on. I like home-designed pages since they add a real personal touch preprinted album pages lack. If I could make a suggestion -- you could create a more integrated page, one that looks even nicer, if you'd print your information directly on the page. A normal-sized computer printer won't print paper of that size, but you can print from your designed original onto almost any blank paper using a photocopy (Xerox) machine.

First design what you want on the page as you have there, using either a typewriter or perhaps a computer. Print it out and go to your local photocopy place (Fedex for me).

Put your "original" face down on the glass.

Into the side hopper of the machine (for larger sized paper), put your blank Scott Specialty pages. Be sure to "fan" them once or twice so the machine doesn't pull more than one sheet through at a time. Insert the blank pages face down and with the hole-side outward.

Disable all the other paper drawers by pulling each out slightly so they can't feed paper.

On the keypad enter "custom" for "paper size" and then the size of your blank paper (10" wide, 11.5" high). It took me awhile to figure this out through trial and error. I'm not good with machines.

Then print one page. You may find you need to adjust the location of your original on the glass, typically more left or more right, in order to center it perfectly inside the page border. So be prepared for one or two test pages in order to get it right. Putting a blank sheet of paper over any exposed page edge that results from moving the original will help prevent shadow lines from ending up on your page.

You will produce a neatly-printed page that looks professional and can do as many as you want if you design other originals. Cheap and easy to do. Have fun!
Edited by DrewM - 05/20/2022 3:22 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
6467 Posts
Posted 05/20/2022   3:40 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I doubt that the OP put the page together - obviously comes from an old collection.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
609 Posts
Posted 05/20/2022   4:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stamps4Life to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks all for the help. Yes, its an older collection.... I did see the binders on Amos site , but was not sure they would fit my paper... I also did not want the large one and the smaller one seems like its round posts where as my holes are square. I ended up getting the smaller one as the desc says it will fit all Scott paper. We'll see.

https://www.amosadvantage.com/produ...Green-Binder

I didnt care for the slip set either as I dont need one of those. Just wanted to make sure I was getting the right size.

Valued Member
United States
313 Posts
Posted 05/20/2022   6:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure the universal will accommodate square posts. The description says 2 round posts.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
609 Posts
Posted 05/20/2022   9:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stamps4Life to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The description is a little confusing. Says will house any Scott page…. Then says " Two round posts can be mounted to accommodate pages punched for 3-ring or 2-post binders. " #129335;
Valued Member
United States
313 Posts
Posted 05/21/2022   12:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Never have seen an inside view of that binder. My recently acquired collection has many square post pages forced into 2 round post binders. I'm pretty close to having discarded all of them.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
609 Posts
Posted 05/31/2022   6:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stamps4Life to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well Amos said that the 2 ring would not accommodate the 2 square post pages, so I ended up getting the larger binder that would. I would have preferred a smaller one though as I dont have that many pages to keep organized - and these are the only square post ones I have.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 396Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05