Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

1900-16 10 Filler Turul Soft Pink Paper Perf. 15

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 203Next Topic  
Valued Member

Italy
17 Posts
Posted 05/21/2022   04:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add dedde to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

By an album, no small no big, I had found 8 for 10 Filler with red carmine graphic but the paper is soft pink and not white by more than 100 stamps.
I had found some website that show the photos of all the kind of stamp for this Issue but no website show those kind of.
This is an image of the one in the middle by the other pink paper (60 filler) and another with white paper (2 filler ) to notice the change ok of color.
Best regards
Demetrio

Send note to Staff

Valued Member
Spain
352 Posts
Posted 05/21/2022   05:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Roberto59 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello.
In these series, from 1913 to 1915, the value 12 is on yellow paper and the value 60 is on pink paper.
All the others are on white paper, if it has another color it is due to transfer, dirt or rust.
Regards.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Spain
352 Posts
Posted 05/21/2022   05:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Roberto59 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Forgiveness; the value 50 also goes on bluish paper.
Valued Member
Italy
17 Posts
Posted 05/21/2022   06:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dedde to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Roberto but I don't understand. Wich kind of transfer, because the color seem, more or less, the same intensity on all the stamp. I have other 8 like that some on more ping some on less but seems really colored, that's why I ask to learn and understand
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7949 Posts
Posted 05/21/2022   08:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hard to tell exactly, because these are used and there is no telling where they have been. But one of the most common reasons for discoloring would be when they were used on colored paper and not soaked carefully enough.
Also, bad plate wiping can cause discoloring like the above example.

peter
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5926 Posts
Posted 05/21/2022   12:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That is the way they were issued .The 50 is on blues grey paper ,the 60 is on pink paper and also the 70 filler is on greenish paper ,normal stamps .
Pillar Of The Community
United States
749 Posts
Posted 05/21/2022   10:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add billsey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My guess is the 10f uses fugitive ink and when it's soaked off the envelope the color stains the paper.
Valued Member
Italy
17 Posts
Posted 05/22/2022   05:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dedde to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok , then there is nothing special in a 10 filler with pink paper. Had found just on withe paper I was thinking in something maybe interesting !
Have nice time
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 203Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05